Develops and maintains an efficient, safe, and sanitary system for the collection and storage of donated products. Ensures the warehouse meets all governmental, Feeding America and AIB food safety and sanitation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, supervise, and maintain an orderly process for receiving all products.
· Monitor and maintain a housekeeping and sanitation program that is in compliance with Health Department codes and regulations, and Feeding America standards. Document and file related inspection reports.
· Inspect food and maintain a system of stock rotation to ensure wholesomeness.
· Schedule all delivery appointments; supervise incoming donations and the loading/unloading of product.
· Schedule the maintenance for the truck fleet and all material handling equipment to comply with regulatory agencies and Feeding America policies.
· Work with Director of Operations to maintain the accuracy of the physical inventory. Offer support on end-of-year inventories and monthly periodic inventories, as determined.
· Implement and maintain safety policies and programs developed for warehouse operations.
· Must be able to train and direct the warehouse workers and the drivers in the completion of their position including: filling of orders, maintenance of trucks and inventory, and unloading/receiving of shipments.
· Monitor theft prevention safeguards to assure the integrity of inventory.
· Prepare reports on warehouse activities as requested.
· Monitor temp logs, pest control
· Monitor workload to determine person power and scheduling needs.
· Support the Volunteer Department as needed to assure HCFB volunteer sorting activities are rewarding as well as effective and efficient
· Maintain records of equipment maintenance, cleaning schedules, temp logs, SDS,
· Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
· Adhere to HCFB expectations and values:
o Be active by moving quickly, getting things done and holding self and others accountable for results.
o Be constructive by providing solutions, displaying optimism, being respectful and fair.
o Be truthful by providing facts to support opinions, speaking up and not exaggerating.
o Humanize Hunger by putting a human face on it.
o Communicating in a professional, honest and open manner.
o Take time to have fun along the way.
o Believe in our mission and impact.
· Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida.
· Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
· Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of the HCFB.
· Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
· Ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving HCFB Mission.
· Valid Florida driver’s license.
Specific to Position:
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited institution in warehouse, logistics and operations management.
· Five years minimum management experience in routing, warehouse, logistics, operations environment, particularly experience in food operations.
· Knowledge of truck maintenance and material handling preferred.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Computer literate in Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Working knowledge of inventory software systems preferred.
· Demonstrated success managing, supervising, and leading a team of 10 employees or more required.
This position requires the employee to work occasionally on weekends. Work is performed in a hot, humid warehouse most of the day; significant amount of walking on concrete surfaces. Work conditions during the summer months can be very hot, and during the winter very cold. Workspace could be very dusty, and on occasions can be noisy due to the traffic of motorized vehicles operated in the building. Work involves lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, picking up and moving objects up to 30 to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Life insurance, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, and 401K.Many voluntary benefits
Apply on Indeed.com using this link: https://www.indeed.com/job/warehouse-manager-52436f72cfb22759
Harry Chapin Food Bank, a member of Feeding America, is the largest hunger-relief organization in Southwest Florida, serving Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties. We rescue food and distribute it through our food distribution programs: Care and Share Senior Feeding Program, Harry’s Helpings, Fulfill Mobile Pantries, In-School Pantries and our Partner Agency Program, which is a network of more than 150 partner agencies to feed people in need. Through these programs, we feed more than a quarter of a million people each month.
Harry Chapin Food Bank distributed $59.5 million dollars’ worth of food in fiscal year 2020. Through our food distribution programs, we supplied nearly 32.4 million pounds of food and other grocery items, including 9.6 million pounds of fresh produce. The food is the equivalent of 28.5 million meals distributed to those who are hungry.
Our mission is to lead our community in the fight to end hunger. Our vision is that no one should have to go hungry in our community.
Humanize: We put a human face on hunger to help the community understand who is hungry and why. By humanizing food insecurity, we help overcome stereotypes.
Communicate: We are all interconnected in the fight to end hunger. Food bank staff members are also ambassadors for the food bank and its mission. Our job is to inform, educate, raise funds and advocate.
Fun: We work hard to make a difference and have fun while doing it.
Believe: We believe that there is a hunger problem in our community and that it takes hard work, commitment and teamwork to solve it. We believe that we make a positive difference.
HCFB Values: ACT
Active: Move quickly, Get things done, Hold yourself and others accountable for results
Constructive: Provide solutions, not just problems; Display optimism, Be friendly and respectful, Be fair
Truthful: Provide facts to support opinions, Don’t exaggerate, Speak up