One of the easiest, most effective ways a company can supporting Feeding America is by offering its employees the option to give at work.
Employees can support Feeding America and become an ally in the fight to end hunger by giving via payroll deductions or via our peer-to-peer tool, Team Feed Corporate (see more below). Employee giving in combination with corporate matching gifts provides vital resources for people facing hunger.
Remember: Your gift of $1 helps provide at least 10 meals for people facing hunger.
Benefits of Partnering with Feeding America on Workplace Giving Campaign
According to Cone Research, 88% of Americans feel their job is more fulfilling when their employer provides opportunities to impact social issues positively. In addition, 71% of Americans want their company to provide opportunities for them to help make these changes. Feeding America can help you do this and create a campaign that includes:
- Integration with your company’s Employee Engagement program
- Branding to fit your company’s unique culture, focusing on your employees’ charitable and volunteer interests
- Team Building opportunities to engage employees
- Local Impact of employee gifts via Feeding America national office support and grants to local food banks
- Loyalty between your company and your employees
Engaging Employees in Workplace Giving
Feeding America offers three main options for workplace giving:
- Payroll Deduction: An employer-sponsored program that empowers employees to support Feeding America’s mission with a tax-deductible donation given directly from their paycheck.
- Team Feed Corporate: This self-service, peer-to-peer, online fundraising tool promotes competition and fun while supporting Feeding America’s work. This can be utilized for either short-term or long-term campaigns.
- Matching Gifts: Many companies match employees’, retirees', and employees’ spouses’ charitable contributions on both monetary donations and volunteer hours. Knowing that donations will be matched is a powerful incentive for any donor because their impact is increased.
Show that you stand by your employees when it matters most by offering a corporate match of their gifts to Feeding America.
Whether your HR and Finance team manages the campaign in-house or your company uses a technology platform, like Benevity, YourCause, or Cybergrants. Feeding America makes it easy for your company to match employee giving. Completed matching gift forms should be mailed to:
161 N Clark St, Suite 700
Chicago, IL 60601
Or contact us about submitting your matching gift form online.
How to Make Your Workplace Giving Campaign Successful
When you start a workplace giving campaign with Feeding America, our team will provide you with a toolkit that includes:
- Best practices for creating a workplace giving campaign
- Templates for you to customize and print
- Sample email messages and social media posts to encourage employee participation
Ready to get started with your workplace giving campaign? Have questions? Reach out to our team.
Does Your Employer Participate in One of These Campaigns?
Ask if your employer participates in one of the following campaigns and direct your donation to Feeding America.
Combined Federal Campaign
CFC ID# 11627
Federal employees and retirees (civilian, military, and postal workers) can donate to Feeding America through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Campaigns run annually between Sept. 1 and Dec. 15.
FEEDING AMERCA TAX ID #363673599
If your workplace participates in the United Way campaign, you can designate your pledge to Feeding America through United Way’s Donor Choice Program. Follow the instructions on your pledge form, write in Feeding America and our contact information: Feeding America, 161 N. Clark Street, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60601.
Feeding America is a member of America’s Charities, and if your employer participates, you may designate your contribution to Feeding America.