Connecticut Foodshare serves a network of local food assistance programs throughout the state, as part of our mission to deliver an informed and equitable response to hunger. The Network Relations Representative is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with more than 85 partner programs in Windham, New London and Middlesex counties, including food pantries and meal programs that receive food from Connecticut Foodshare. The Representative provides relevant guidance and support to advance safe and accessible food distribution partnerships that are responsive to the diverse needs of our neighbors who experience food insecurity. This position will be assigned to the Bloomfield/Hartford or Wallingford facility (depending on candidate’s residence) and reports to the Senior Director of Network Strategy.
Support Partner Program Compliance & Capacity:
· Build working relationships with partner programs to understand their unique program strengths, needs, and opportunities for development.
· Maintain a comprehensive understanding of current food bank requirements and processes for partner programs, including policies regarding distribution of food from federal, state, and charitable sources.
· Conduct regular site visits to review partner program operations and compliance with applicable policies. Document and address non-compliance issues in a timely manner.
· Maintain accurate and current partner program files and database records with required documentation.
· Proactively engage with partner programs to gain insight; guide partner programs in strategies to increase food distribution and operate using best-practices.
· Respond in a timely manner to partner program questions, feedback and requests for information.
· Work collaboratively with multiple departments within the food bank to troubleshoot issues and effectively serve partner programs.
Build Community Connections:
· Work collaboratively with hunger-related groups and other key stakeholders in assigned region; represent the food bank at community meetings.
· Actively seek information from communities served and leverage data to identify new partnerships and approaches to address unmet needs.
· Promote and participate in trainings and forums organized by the food bank.
· Familiarity with and ties to Eastern Connecticut preferred
· Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of experience in a related field required
· Experience in community partnerships, customer service, training, and/or program coordination preferred
· Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation required
· Local travel as frequently as 20 days per month, primarily in assigned region
· Must be a self-starter with an ability to work as a team player and contribute to a positive work environment
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and presentation skills
· Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse groups and individuals are essential
· Must be skilled with technology, including Microsoft Office, video conferencing and other software systems
· Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and excellent time management
· Willingness to listen and learn to offer innovative solutions
· Fluency in English and Spanish a plus
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources:
Connecticut Foodshare is the food bank serving all of Connecticut and a member of the national Feeding America network. Last year, Connecticut Foodshare distributed enough food to provide nearly 47 million meals through a network of more than 700 community-based hunger relief programs, including food pantries, community kitchens, and emergency shelters, while also working on long-term solutions to food insecurity. More than 8,000 volunteers help power the work of Connecticut Foodshare. Last year, they gave more than 62,000 hours of service.