The Development Stewardship Coordinator, under the supervision of the Development Manager, will be responsible for leading and managing initiatives to maintain a comprehensive donor stewardship program for the Food Bank in collaboration with the Development, Volunteer Engagement, and Communications teams. This position focuses on cultivating, enhancing, and retaining relationships with donor groups, sustainers, volunteers, and event attendees.
• Create, manage and execute a calendar of stewardship and cultivation touch points for donor giving segments including annual fund, mid-level donors and mid-major donors.
• Cultivate and steward relationships with new prospects and existing donors through acknowledgments, symbols of gratitude such as thank you calls or letters, and donor appreciation gifts.
• Assists in the writing and implementation of donor solicitations including mail, email, social and in-person asks.
• Develops, manages and oversees all activity related to sustainers, pledges, matches, and other stakeholders.
• Promote a culture of stewardship and best practices across donor groups.
• Work in collaboration with volunteer services to implement stewardship and engagement activities for volunteers.
• Works in collaboration with all development, communications and advocacy team members to identify and cultivate prospects for giving groups.
• Utilize the Food Bank’s CRM, Salesforce, to update and maintain donor records and activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree preferred and at least 2 years related experience in donor relations, customer service or event planning. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• Proven track record working in a collaborative team environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
• Ability to write compelling copy – writing samples required.
• Ability to speak effectively before large groups of diverse groups of people.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, develop alternative solutions, and use reason.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend events, as needed.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Valid California Driver’s license and insurable driving record (personal vehicle not required).
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) employer matching, and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the organization. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Development Stewardship Coordinator.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord, CA 94520
This position is on site at our office in Concord, CA