The Child Hunger Programs (CHP) Manager is responsible for providing program strategy oversight and development for BackPack Buddies & School Choice Pantries. Ensuring that Inter-Faith Food Shuttle program initiatives in our seven-county service area reaches students experiencing food insecurity efficiently and effectively. This position works with the VP of Community Engagement & Business Strategies providing direct oversight of CHP Coordinators in planning, implementing, tracking, and documenting strategic growth and improvement for all Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s Child Hunger Program initiatives. This position works with Community Engagement staff to ensure that appropriate and accurate information is being shared with current and potential donors, sponsors, partners, and the public, and as needed, speak to groups and organizations about the impact of each CHP on hunger relief in our service area. The position is based primarily at Inter-Faith Food Shuttle’s Durham Food Hub. Travel to the Food Shuttle Malone Center in Raleigh and other locations in our seven-county service area as required.
• Assist CHP Director with the development strategic methodology for growth and improvement of CHP.
• Assist CHP Director with writing grant proposals and reports.
• Maintain agency, partner, and sponsor relationships.
• Provide supervisory and budget oversight to Program Coordinators.
• Manage timecards and schedules.
• Oversee daily operations of the CHP Coordinators
• Responsible to assist the CHP Coordinators in development of yearly Performance and Development Plan
• Enter monthly distribution data in Monthly Metrics and Data Management Software.
• Work with Durham Warehouse Manager to maintain proper inventory for CHP.
• Collaborate with the Development team to communicate program accomplishment impact and goals.
• Work with Grants Administrator to assist in writing grant proposals and reports.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of program management/program development experience.
• ServSafe Manager Certification preferred
• Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication/public-speaking skills.
• Able to solve problems and overcome challenges quickly and creatively.
• Proven ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision.
• North Carolina Driving License and clean driving record.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Business Premium. (Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Data Management Software and Inventory System (Salesforce) a plus.
• Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
• Empowering Others: The ability to convey confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
• Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
• Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
• Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Medical Benefits Plan: The Food Shuttle currently contributes 70% of the employee Core Medical Plan, 70% of the employee Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employees Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA: The Food Shuttle provides a matching contribution equal to 100% of your elective deferrals, up to a limit of 3% of your compensation for the calendar year
• Paid Time Off: Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually.
• Paid Holidays: Ten (10) designated paid holidays per year, including 1 floating holiday.
Please send resume and cover letter by October 11, 2021 to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to build a team of individuals from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences.
ABOUT US: Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach, and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent interaction with school administration and community members. Computer work. Evening or weekend hours as needed. Must be comfortable working in office, warehouse, and outdoor settings. Work in all weather conditions and temperatures can be anticipated.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to lift up to 40lbs within the responsibilities of the role. Ability to stand/work on your feet for long periods of time.
DIRECT REPORTS: Child Hunger Program Coordinators (2)