Our mission is to alleviate hunger in Southeast Nebraska. We will take steps to nourish our communities and find hunger solutions driven by our core values and the belief that all perspectives have value, and every person deserves respect, dignity, and compassion. We will act in ways that welcome diverse experiences and opinions. We will seek equity for all and especially for groups disproportionally affected by food insecurity and systemic causes of poverty.
The Vice President, Finance & Human Resources (V.P., Finance & HR) provides both operational and strategic support to the Food Bank of Lincoln, leads the finance/accounting, information technology and human resources functions and is responsible for all financial and fiscal resource management activities of the Food Bank of Lincoln. The V.P., Finance & HR is an executive team member involved with all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, modeling and cost impacts analysis, financial evaluation of short-term tactics and long-term strategies, and forecasting. The V.P., Finance and HR ensures Food Bank of Lincoln maintains compliance with all state and federal laws, Feeding America guidelines, Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), and participates in the development of organization wide policies that contribute to the Food Bank of Lincoln achieving its mission and strategic goals. The V.P., Finance & HR provides financial expertise to the Board of Directors and its committees.
Accounting, Finance, Planning Analysis
- Provide general oversight of financial and human resources functions and the key work involved in making the Food Bank of Lincoln a safe, diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming place.
- Provide leadership in the development of methodology to evaluate short- and long- term strategic goals.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance/Accounting functions in the organization, provide timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programming, evaluation of potential revenue streams, and regulatory actions.
- Work with the Vice President, Operations & Impact to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis, support, and compliance with all contractual and program requirements including inventory management.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process and present annual budget to the Board Finance Committee and to the full board for approval.
- Proactively establish appropriate fiscal policies, controls, and separation of duties to ensure sound financial practices, protection of assets and efficiency in all areas.
- Develop reliable cash flows projections and plans for capital expenditures.
- Primary contact for the relationship with the external Investment Manager.
- Act as Food Bank of Lincoln Risk Manager, leading organization-wide Risk Management process including Disaster Preparedness and Recovery for business processes, support and coordinate risk assessment and mitigation activities including data and financial security.
- Ensure Food Bank of Lincoln maintains adequate insurance, such as property and casualty, general liability, “umbrella,” directors and officers, pension bond, workers compensation, unemployment, employee fidelity bond, and other.
- Establish Food Bank of Lincoln technological vision and lead all aspects of Food Bank of Lincoln planning, development, and budgeting for information systems.
- Work with the executive team to attain strategic technological goals and grow the company using technological resources.
- Manage Human Resources efforts and serve as primary point of contact for our human resources firm.
- Responsible for strategic human resources planning that is aligned with the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the Food Bank of Lincoln and promotes a unified company culture.
- Work with Executive Team to attain strategic human resources goals and ensure the recruitment and retention of motivated and qualified staff.
- Develop and manage the human resource management budget to include projecting and management of all salary and employee benefit costs.
Leadership and Staff Development
- Regularly conduct department planning to ensure alignment with Food Bank of Lincoln strategic plan and develop annual goals for Finance, HR, and Information Technology.
- Prepare and deliver information and professional development sessions to management team on financial topics.
- Oversee hiring, training, coaching and evaluation of department staff responsible for the general accounting function including, cash management, reconciliation, accounts payable, and receivable payroll, fixed asset records, grants accounting, etc.
•Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or equivalent; Masters preferred, but not required.
•10+ years of experience as a senior-level financial leader partnering with the Executive Team.
•Non-Profit financial management experience required.
•Well versed in financial, human resources, and information technology systems and familiar with other technologies used across the organization.
•Able to behaviorally model Food Bank of Lincoln vision and values; ability to build positive, supportive, and influential relationships with Executive Team and throughout the organization.
•Strategic visionary with sounds technical skills, analytical ability, strong customer service focus and passion for the work and the mission demonstrated in verbal and written skills.
•Forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and integrity.
Please email your application to Jake McMullin: [email protected]