With guidance and support from the Chief Operations Officer this position is responsible for: managing donor relations with local and national food donor partners, primarily within the EPFH service area; procuring food and other items; measuring and reporting on food donor volume, variety, and trends; coordinating with staff to support National donors and initiatives; and supporting overall inbound food programs for EPFH.
• Source and support food donors in the service area to meet targets for donated foods from grocery rescue partners and local manufacturing and distribution partners
• Build on existing relationships with food donors & develop new donors within our service area;
• Acquire & maintain up-to-date knowledge of EPFH and Feeding America food donor policies and guidelines;
• Maintain food donor database, reporting & recognition. Report results to management;
• Meet with donors on at least a quarterly basis to ensure quality, quantity and service level targets are met;
• Develop & maintain procurement procedural manual, train other stakeholders, including drivers on same;
• Coordinate with transportation and distribution to support efficient routing and maximize quantity, variety and customer service;
• Proactively work with Safety and Compliance function to ensure appropriate quality, handling and chain of custody standards are maintained for inbound food streams;
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines;
• Acquire and maintain Serv-Safe Manager certification,
• Attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy under periodically stressful conditions;
• Ability to appropriately interact with people while maintaining excellent customer service;
• Proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word and Excel;
• Knowledge of Primarius distribution software a plus;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
• Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
• Ability to pass a background check and drug testing;
• Must have driver’s license and clean MVR.
Medical, Dental and Vision covered 100% for employee
Short and Long Term Disability
Vacation, Sick and Personal PTO
Submit Resume to [email protected]
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger (EPFH) is El Paso's only food bank and a member of Feeding America, the nation's largest hunger relief network. The Food Bank is the distribution center for over 132 partner pantries across the borderland region and collaborative hub for hunger initiatives that assists in SNAP applications and nutrition education. EPFH also distributes healthy and nutritious food to 235 client choice mobile pantries, which provide food to underserved/unserved communities. We currently serve 200,000 food-insecure people with 1 in every 3 children and 1 in every 4 adults unsure of where their next meal will come from. Food insecurity is defined as being limited at times to having adequate food because of a lack of money and other resources.
Hunger does not discriminate. We serve children, single-parent households, veterans, senior citizens, and working-class families. For many of those we serve, they are often faced with tough choices to put food on their table. In 2019, EPFH proudly distributed 32.5 million pounds of food across El Paso, Hudspeth and Culberson Counties.