The Director of Community Health and Nutrition is responsible for overseeing the divisional operations of Nutrition and Community Health Education and provides subject matter expertise and guidance on public health programming, as well as provide management and leadership for the Division.
Develop and direct all educational programming including curricula development, implementation, evaluation, and evaluation in ways that are relevant and applicable to the lives of program participants.
Assist with the development of a community growth strategy with a focus on driving engagement and creating value surrounding nutrition education.
Plan and co-create engaging content and nutrition education campaigns for social channels, internal and external community activities. Identify relevant themes and key partners to deliver meaningful insights.
Responsible for the nutrition analysis of inventory to ensure internal nutrition metrics re reached and maintained; provide guidance on the acquisition of nutritious products.
Collaborate with Evaluation team to assess key Initiative outcomes and impact
Establish effective work group relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Establishes strategic direction with associated goals and objectives for nutrition and community health programs and generate necessary reports for the executive team and the Board
Identifies community organizations and groups within the Food Shuttle’s seven county service area that would be appropriate for Nutrition and Community Health Education program implementation.
Oversee daily operations of the CHE department
Develop division budget and monitor expenses
Manage education related projects across multiple divisions
Ensure compliance to policies, procedures, and regulations (Feeding America, safety, budget, etc.)
Identify and manage grants related to nutritional initiatives.
• Responsible for the nutrition analysis of inventory to ensure internal nutrition metrics are reached and maintained and provides guidance on the acquisition of nutritious products.
• Serve as preceptor for Dietetic Internships.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Licensure (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition required. Must be willing to maintain licensure.
• Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics member preferred.
• Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field preferred.
• Six (6) years of program management experience working with diverse populations and group sizes.
• Certified ServSafe® instructor and proctor with one year of teaching experience.
• Valid driver's license
• Equivalent education and experience combination accepted Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
• Understanding of integrated human service agencies
• Training and experience in communication
• Skilled in public speaking and crisis communication
• Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
• Empowering Others: The ability to convey confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
• Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
• Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Medical Benefits Plan: The Food Shuttle currently contributes 70% of the employee Core Medical Plan, 70% of the employee Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employees Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA: The Food Shuttle provides a matching contribution equal to 100% of your elective deferrals, up to a limit of 3% of your compensation for the calendar year
• Paid Time Off: Fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually.
• Paid Holidays: Ten (10) designated paid holidays per year, including 1 floating holiday.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to build a team of individuals from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.
• The job operates in a professional office environment
• May require some local travel
• Some evening and weekend hours required
• May sit for extended periods. Most job functions are performed on the computer.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Community Health Education Manager
• Senior Nutrition Programs Manager
• Community Health Education Programs Coordinator(s)
• Seasonal Interns