Our Chief People Officer (CPO) is retiring – so that means – we’re hiring!
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader, strategic advisor, content expert, thought partner and coach. In this role you’ll have an opportunity to lead with a people first approach and create a great place to work where team members are engaged and committed to the mission of the organization. You will report to the President and CEO and serve as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
• You will be responsible for all people functions and human resource topics across the organization.
• You will lead the ongoing assessment of our organizational structure and recommend strategies that support current and future strategic needs.
• You will own our talent management process including recruiting and retention, budget management, policies, training and development, performance management, succession planning, compensation, and recognition.
• You will oversee, develop, and execute performance management processes that encourage active participation by both employees and supervisors, to recruit, retain and develop talent for the future.
• You will drive an empowered and informed culture through the leadership of employee-relations activities (employee orientation, recognition, and support) and co-chairs our Culture Committee, supporting and advancing our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
• You will stay current with federal, state and case law changes to be able to monitor labor law updates for changes that affect human resources and the organization.
• You will lead and ensure best practices in compensation, benefits, health/wellness, and retirement programs for the organization while monitoring the compensation program to ensure it is competitive and fiscally responsible.
• You will attend meetings with the Board of Directors while serving as the staff lead for the Board’s Governance subcommittee.
So, what do you need to be successful in this role? We seek a leader with exemplary leadership history, a high degree of personal and professional integrity, strong emotional intelligence, and a deep knowledge of all aspects of a Human Resources team – from training and development to benefits and change management, and everything in between. You should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources. Master’s degree highly preferred in Business Administration or Law.
• A minimum 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in a senior role.
• In-depth knowledge of employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, culture change and development, employee relations, safety, and preventative labor relations is a must.
• Knowledge of safety and OSHA requirements and knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and associated reporting requirements including EEO.
• Ability to handle situations lacking precedent and lead the change management processes to resolve as an exceptionally strong strategic, analytical, goal-oriented leader.
• Active affiliations with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations.
Beyond a great mission, dedicated team members and an incredible opportunity to truly make a difference in our community, you will be generously rewarded for your contributions including:
• Competitive pay commensurate with experience
• Generous PTO plan – 28 days per year + holidays
• 403b plan with amazing company match
• Incredible benefits (medical, dental, and more!)
We work hard, play hard and change lives – so apply today to join our Foodbank Family!
Building stronger communities by empowering people with food and hope.
At the St. Louis Area Foodbank, we are working to create a stronger, healthier bi-state region where no one goes to bed hungry.
With the dedicated partnership of over 600 hunger-relief programs and local agencies – including soup kitchens, food pantries, shelters, and residential programs – we are responding to hunger in communities across 26 counties in Missouri and Illinois by distributing food to more than 400,000 people every year.
Since opening in 1975, and with the tremendous support and generosity of this community, the St. Louis Area Foodbank has grown to become our region’s largest food distribution charity dedicated to feeding those in need. Together, we are feeding people and working to address the root causes of hunger for lasting impact every day.