The CalFresh Outreach Assistant is responsible for prescreening potential CalFresh participants and provides application assistance for eligible participants in Sacramento County.
The CalFresh Outreach Assistant is responsible for the following:
• Prescreen potential CalFresh participants and provide application assistance at Family Services campus, Food Bank Services campus, various sites in Sacramento County and over the phone
o Educate individuals on the CalFresh interview process
o Follow up with clients in the application process
o Attend community events and fairs to conduct outreach activities
• Support the CalFresh Outreach manager in developing and implementing CalFresh Outreach opportunities with grocery stores, schools, community clinics and other opportunities
• Conduct presentations to clients and partner agencies; assist with development of presentation tools
• Assist with training for volunteers, interns and other community professionals working with low-income clients on accessing and applying for CalFresh benefits
• Assist with CalFresh Outreach tracking and the completion of reports
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bi-lingual: Russian or Hmong or Chinese
• Experience supervising and directing the work of others, preferred
• Valid California Driver’s license and insurance, required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of databases
• Proficient in basic math concepts.
• Reliable transportation and a valid California driver’s license and minimum personal auto insurance
• Prior non-profit experience-preferred
• Full time, hourly non-exempt; Monday through Friday with occasional weekends, nights and holidays
• Comprehensive benefits including medical / dental / vision / life / AD&D / LTD / retirement and more
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.