The Accounting Clerk is responsible for maintaining financial records, running reports for management, and recording a wide range of financial transactions. Duties include offering administrative assistance to the accounting team, including but not limited to financial statements functions around accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable, revenue, and cash.
• Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash
• Match purchase orders confirming prices and quantity to vendors’ invoices
• Coordinate with vendors regarding invoicing and payment inquiries and discrepancies
• Respond to vendors inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Prepare invoices for payment and enter invoices in accounting system for payments ensuring correct approval, coding, and matching (currently Ceres).
• Print/process check runs and reports as needed.
• Prepare daily donation deposit information, including remote deposit Record donation revenue Post financial transactions, as defined
• Open mail, record, and distribute as necessary.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with internal personnel to obtain authorizations for PO, invoices, and vouchers.
• Assist in gathering documentation for all Audits, as required.
• Escalate issues to appropriate level of management.
• Collaborate with Accounting team in keeping with appropriate separation of duties to ensure proper internal controls.
• Review for accuracy in reports, ledger entries, and postings
• Maintain confidentiality and security of all our financial assets
• Performs job functions adhering to core principles that guide us at the Greater Chicago Food Depository
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required; business courses with emphasis in accounting required
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage projects to ensure all deadlines are met is essential.
• Proficiency in MS Office- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
• Experience with accounting software and/or databases.
• Strong mathematical skills.
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, Employer paid life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 403(b) retirement plan, Paid time off, Parental leave, Tuition reimbursement, Wellness reimbursement, Free onsite fitness classes, and Healthy, affordable onsite dining
The Greater Chicago Food Depository, Chicago’s food bank, believes a healthy community starts with food. We are at the center of a network of more than 700 partner organizations and programs – food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, mobile distributions and other partners – working to bring food, dignity and hope to our neighbors across Chicago and Cook County. The Food Depository addresses the root causes of hunger with job training, advocacy and other innovative solutions. We are a proud member of Feeding America – the national network of food banks. By working to help those most in need go from hungry to hopeful, we truly become a Greater Chicago.
Learn more at chicagosfoodbank.org