We stand together with the black community, knowing that “justice for all” is a choice.⠀
We will act together because words alone cannot fix what is broken. We will:⠀
- Escalate our work to advance equity, diversity and inclusion throughout our organization.⠀
- Understand we do not have all the answers and will partner with experts in this area to advance our growth.⠀
- Diversify our staff and board to include more women, members of the black community, other people of color and people with lived experience of hunger.⠀
- Increase our investment in communities of color, who we know are disproportionately affected by poverty and hunger.⠀
- Listen to and amplify underrepresented voices and advocate for government policies that can make a positive impact on the lives of people facing hunger.⠀
- Expand our efforts to bring members of underrepresented communities together and provide a platform to co-create solutions.⠀
- Hold ourselves accountable, by posting actions taken.⠀
You should expect progress. ⠀
We stand together.
Please contact one of our media representatives or call 800-771-2303
About Feeding America
Feeding America® is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. Through a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs, we provide meals to more than 40 million people each year. Feeding America also supports programs that prevent food waste and improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Visit www.feedingamerica.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.