The Systems Engineer installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools. The SE ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability, evaluates the existing systems and provides technical direction to the IT support staff.
• Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
• Defines customers’ needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
• Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
• Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
• Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Implements warranty and support activities.
• Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction to IT support staff.
• Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
• Oversees the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
• Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for the successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
• Navision experience a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Information security
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of systems engineering software tools
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Computer science or allied field viz. degree
• Data architecture and programming proficiency
• Good cloud experience
• Network experience
• Certification desired
Northern Illinois Food Bank has a robust benefit offering including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D and Life Insurance. A matching 401K is also available.
Please apply to our website: https://solvehungertoday.org/about-us/join-our-team/
Our vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience, providing 250,000 meals a day. We bring together manufacturers, local and corporate grocers, area farmers, corporations, foundations, and individuals who donate food and funding, and each week nearly 1,000 volunteers help us evaluate, repack, and distribute food. We also proudly partner with more than 900 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and youth and senior feeding programs to provide nutritious food and resources. Our distribution centers are located in Geneva, Park City, Rockford and Joliet.