Are you a skilled professional who believes in lending your skills to end hunger during these unprecedented times? If so, consider being a Strategy and Analytics Manager for the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. Join our friendly, collaborative and hardworking team. We are currently looking for a Strategy and Analytics Manager to help with sustaining a program, that delivers against the organization's mission to end hunger. See the job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The San Francisco Marin Food Bank is seeking a full-time, highly motivated individual for the position of Strategy and Analytics Manager. The Strategy & Analytics Manager administers planning, budgeting, analytics, program evaluation, research and assigned grants and contracts for the Programs department. This position administers the process to develop goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the department and to ensure they are SMARTIE and strongly aligned with the organizational strategy. The position manages the annual budgeting process for the department. The position administers data analysis and reporting for the department, working closely with the Business Intelligence staff to ensure only necessary data is collected and that it is put to good use in pursuit of the organization’s strategic framework, vision and mission. The position administers evaluation and research for the department to effectively develop and manage programming to achieve our mission. The position will supervises the Associate Data Analyst role, overseeing the administration of assigned government contracts, private grants, direct reports, survey execution and other data-related tasks. They will marshal the resources required to effectively develop and manage initiatives s/he oversees.
Strategy & Analytics for Programs Dept.
• Administer planning process for developing, managing and reporting on SMARTIE goals, providing necessary data to relevant stakeholders in an easily digestible format
• Administer process to develop, measure, manage and report on key performance indicators
• Track and report on progress toward program strategic priorities
• Manage data analysis and reporting
• Develop departmental and team dashboards, reports, maps, etc., coordinating data collection and performing utilization training
• Perform quantitative opportunity and risk assessments
• Oversee inter-and intra-departmental data sharing and utilization for the department
• Administer evaluation of programs, projects and pilots
• Administer research projects, as needed and assigned
• Administer processes to analyze the effectiveness of current programs, projects and business processes and make detailed recommendations for improvement, in line with budget, where required
• Convene regular stakeholder groups to discuss program performance and impact
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence staff on evaluating, developing recommendations and overseeing the optimization of all department data collection, analysis, reporting, utilization, maintenance and/or purging
Budgeting and Grant/Contract Management:
• Administer budgeting process including creation of tools, training of managers, projections and reporting
• Collaborate with Finance and Administration and Development departments to develop government contracts and private grant proposals and manage reporting, initiatives and outcomes as assigned
Program & Project Development and Management:
• Develop, promote and manage programs and projects as assigned
• Collaborate with appropriate private and public organizations to further our mission
• Perform other duties as assigned
People Leadership, As Needed:
• Supervise Associate Data Analyst, other positions as assigned and contractors.
• Act as ambassador in programs department, advancing Strategy & Analytics initiatives
• Set and communicate a strong vision for direct and indirect reports, including clear priorities, objectives and measurable goals. Oversee individual work planning and performance evaluations.
• Provide professional development support and mentor individuals toward greater professional achievement
• Select and manage external consultants
• BA or equivalent relevant experience
• Minimum 2 years demonstrated success in managing comparable department-wide initiatives
• Experience extracting, gleaning, analyzing and reporting on data from major organizational databases, preferably enterprise and customer relationship-management focused, and ideally with success managing the implementation or upgrade of a similar systems
• Experience managing staff, preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Food Bank Programs
• Extensive knowledge of Food Bank Program Management, reporting and regulations
• Extensive knowledge of Programs department software systems
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc.) including advanced Excel skills
• Proficiency in Jet Reports, Tableau and GIS mapping software
• Proficiency in evaluation and project management software, preferred
• An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to clearly communicate data-related work and information for technical and lay audiences alike
• Ability to listen, identify, analyze, and guide lay users through system and procedural problems
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to work efficiently, independently and as part of a team; to communicate regularly; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Drivers license desirable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ENVIRONMENT: STANDARD OFFICE / HOME
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
SALARY: range starting at $56858.06 to $83614.37
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform advanced math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Local candidates only.