The Eastern Shore Branch Manager manages all programs, fundraising events and day to day operations of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia’s Eastern Shore Branch located in Tasley, Virginia. The Eastern Shore Branch Manager represents the Foodbank, its program and promotes hunger awareness on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. This individual will actively engage and seek partners within the community who are committed to the Foodbank’s mission. Additionally, the Eastern Shore Branch Manager supervises the Eastern Shore’s Distribution Coordinator, warehouse and logistics employees, Apple Corps personnel, and volunteers and community service individuals/groups participating in food distribution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees all daily Foodbank Eastern Shore Branch operations.
• Trains applicable staff in all areas of Foodbank operations and is accountable [in conjunction with Foodbank Officers] for accurate and timely reporting to community funding sources.
• Organizes and promotes fundraising events through the media, churches, community organizations and other groups.
• Develops and nurtures relationships with community partners for the overall success of the Foodbank of the Eastern Shore.
• Assures compliance with foodbank regulations as determined by Feeding America, local county regulations and the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia.
• Responsible for operations of all programs of the Foodbank of the Eastern Shore.
• Develop income and expense budgets for Eastern Shore Branch operations long term strategies for the Foodbank branch. In all duties, is responsible for cost-effective operations.
• Commit to and understand the FSEVA’s mission. This includes active participation in sharing the mission, vision and values of the organization, internally and externally, creating a culture of active philanthropy for and through all staff.
• Supervise volunteers during tasks/assignments and show/share responsibility for the overall Volunteer Experience at the Foodbank.
• Complete other tasks as assigned or requested by the direct supervisor, department head or Senior Management.
• Minimum: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum: 5 years management experience.
• Preferred: Experience with food industry and warehouse management highly desired.
Required Skills, Abilities & Certifications/Licenses:
• Excellent organizational and coalition building skills.
• Excellent understanding of customer service.
• Media relations and fundraising experience helpful.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate, direct and motivate staff.
• Strong problem solving skills, analytical, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Able to be flexible and adapt to short notice.
• Excellent computer skills that include word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
• Demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
• Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate a sense of urgency to accomplish the tasks requested.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Travel Requirements: Local travel (reimbursed) required to assist in agency inspections and to assist in fundraising events.
Base Salary $43 – $62K: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits: Health, Paid Time Off, 12 Paid Holidays, 401K, Employee Development, Scholarship Program.
How to Apply: https://foodbankonline.org/about-us/careers/ or email cover letter and resume to [email protected] , Subject: Eastern Shore Branch Manager Position.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to complete the application process please contact the employer directly at [email protected].
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foodbank encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
Mission: Leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community
Vision: A hunger-free community
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission, which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community” - the Foodbank has distributed over 300 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. For up-to-date information on the Foodbank, visit www.foodbankonline.org, Facebook, or Twitter.
Base Salary $43 – $62K: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.