The Central Regional Community Impact Coordinator for Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore (FSEVA) will report to the Community Impact Manager and serve as a vital team member in the Programs Department. The Central Regional Community Impact Coordinator will manage and coordinate outreach, collective impact and capacity building efforts in the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth.
• Identify the need for and support Foodbank transformational initiatives aimed at addressing the root causes of hunger, to promote food security and positive physical health outcomes. Programs include but are not limited to Healthy Food Pantry Program, Food Hubs, The Community Feed, campus pantry initiatives and other future programs. Using an equity lens, assist, organize, and develop collaborative partnerships in under-resourced neighborhoods disparately impacted by hunger and food insecurity.
• Establish and/or actively participate in regional collective impact initiatives.
• Enhance existing community partner relationships and develop new partnerships that support the Foodbank’s efforts to build pathways for impacted communities to achieve access to living wage careers, including but not limited to higher education, workforce development partnerships, financial literacy and other training and resources.
• Ensure the provision of technical assistance needed by these community partners.
• Provide ongoing evaluation of regional needs and the capabilities of our transformational programs and partnerships, paying particular attention to areas of low resources and high need, pounds/meals per person in poverty and other measurements of hunger and food insecurity.
• Review, compile and analyze trend data to assess program impact, make recommendations for program enhancements, or in partnership with Community Impact Manager, make recommendations for new programs and strategies related to poverty, hunger, preventative health and food policy to address community needs.
• Stay current on local and federal nutrition program participation rates.
• Participate in the Agency Advisory Council meetings, as requested.
• Partner with SNAP Community Access Coordinator to ensure that community partners and program sites have information on SNAP benefits and eligibility.
• Serve as a liaison and implementation coordinator for the FSEVA identified client data tracking system for the Central Region. Execute an onboarding process for partner agencies and program sites, and serve as the contact person for any system/reporting.
• Minimum: High School Diploma.
• Preferred: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum: 2 years of progressive experience in nonprofit, human services field with a demonstrated ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds, and community impact planning.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 12 Paid Holidays, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Development, Scholarship Program.
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission, which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community” - the Foodbank has distributed over 300 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. For up-to-date information on the Foodbank, visit www.foodbankonline.org, Facebook, or Twitter.
Pay: Up to $20.29 per hour. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.