Responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and reporting on all accounting and finance related activities, including financial statements, cash management, budgets, forecasts and financial analysis. The person in this position also responsible for compliance and reporting requirements for the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data and prepare comprehensive financial statements in accordance with GAAP
• Oversee all segments of the general accounting function, including all general and subsidiary ledgers.
• Coordinate and prepare the annual operating budget, capital budget, short and long-range project budgets.
• Institute and maintain budget control procedures.
• Complete budget analysis and report on variances.
• Provide guidance and input during the strategic planning process.
• Facilitate the timely completion of the annual independent audit, tax filings (990), and any other related reports; verifying the accuracy and completeness.
• Maintain and periodically review the organization’s system of internal controls, including preparing and updating financial policies and procedures.
• Provide information used in the preparation of grant applications and fundraising activities.
• Maintain schedules for grant accounting, including government funds.
• Properly classify restricted donations and accurately track and account for grant/restricted funds.
• Report as required and/or requested.
• Lead procurement of fixed assets and capital in collaboration with other departments.
• Oversee awards (federal, state, and local) and report accordingly to IDHS, Feeding America, and any others as required.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws, as related to our status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
• Ensure compliance with fiscal, investment and other related policies.
• Draft and update function/department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary, with a review of all relevant SOPs periodically.
• Audit the inventory cycle counting program, review and report as needed.
• Ensure accurate and timely filing of the annual registrations and reports with the State and Federal agencies.
• Maintain files of contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
• Prepare financial reports and present to the Finance Committee, as requested to the full Board of Directors.
• Participate in special events and attends conferences, as needed.
• Other duties and projects as assigned
EIF INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Work with the senior team in business decision-making process.
• Work closely with the development team to provide, track, and report financial information for grants and special projects.
• Work with all staff to maintain smooth business interactions with members, vendors, donors, and funders.
Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, non-profit experience and CPA preferred.
• Prior food bank experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of practices and principles of financial, accounting and business management.
• Strong computer skills including spreadsheets and data management.
• Ability to analyze financial data and develop reports.
• Ability to interpret and apply complex rules and regulations
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to work in a complex environment with minimal supervision
• Strong leadership ability, sound judgment and high professional ethics
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Employer Paid Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Employer Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
Simple IRA & 3% Match
Paid Time Off
9 Paid Holiday's
For consideration, please submit your resume and a letter of interest to Patti Martin at [email protected] or by mail at 2405 N Shore Drive, Urbana, IL 61802 by September 17, 2021
The Eastern Illinois Foodbank exists to alleviate hunger in eastern Illinois by providing a reliable source of food for the hungry through cooperation with a network of food pantries and agencies.