Still searching for the perfect gift? Donating to a charity as a gift is a great way to spread the holiday spirit.
How to gift a donation to Feeding America
There are two options easy options for supporting Feeding America this holiday season:
- Make a gift in someone's name. Choose a personalized digital card or a mailed card. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Check out our meaningful gift ideas. This holiday season, there are many options to give a gift that gives back to Feeding America.
Why make a gift donation to Feeding America?
Feeding America aims to end hunger in the United States. As a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food programs, we're feeding our neighbors in every community. In 2020, we distributed more than 5 billion meals.
Feeding America is the right charity for your holiday gift because:
- We use donations wisely. 98% of all cash and non-cash contributions go directly to programs serving our neighbors.
- We're well respected. Charity Navigation awarded us nine consecutive four-star ratings, putting us in the top 3% of charities.
- We serve locally and nationally. We collect and distribute funds and food on behalf of 200 food banks.
- We can turn $1 into at least ten meals. Thanks to generous supporters like you, food can get to people who need it cost-effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will my gift be used?
Your donation supports the Feeding America network of food banks. Donations fund our entire mission and cannot be designated for a specific program, location, or food bank.
How will you notify the person I donated on behalf of?
If you choose an e-card donation, an email will be sent to the provided email address. These e-cards can end up in a junk or spam folder so ask your recipient to check those folders.
If you choose a mailed card donation, these will be mailed to the provided address within 4-6 weeks of the donation. If the card needs to arrive quickly please select the e-card option.
Will my gift recipient see the amount I donated?
No. When you donate in someone's name, they will not see the donation amount. This amount will only be visible in the donation receipt sent to your email. If you would like your recipient to know the amount you donated, we encourage you to include that in your personalized message.
Can I print out the card I selected for my donation?
Yes. When you complete your gift donation, select "Print your own card" as your delivery option. You will receive a printable version of the card you selected. The card will have a space to add a personalized message.
Is my donation tax-deductible? Will I receive a receipt?
Yes. You will receive a donation receipt to your email address.
I have another question or need help.