This internship program will increase the public awareness of Feeding America and is designed to give college students an opportunity to complement their formal education with career-related experience.
These internships provide students with a stimulating and substantive work experience, coupled with an opportunity to expand their knowledge and understanding of Feeding America.
All work assignments will prove to be beneficial for both Feeding America as well as the students.
The program is designed for full-time undergraduate and graduate level college students who: have completed their freshman year of college, have a sincere interest in the work of Feeding America and can demonstrate a correlation between their academic program and the work of Feeding America.
Benefits to the Student
- Gain a realistic perspective of the working world.
- Obtain marketable work experience.
- Make valuable business contacts.
- Develop their personal and professional skills “on-the-job.”
- Seminar-style lunches facilitated by a member of Feeding America staff to provide greater insight into the organization.
Benefits to Feeding America
- Access to a highly motivated and skilled labor pool.
- Students can offer new and objective viewpoints to stimulate creative problem solving.
- Completion of special projects by students who are enthusiastic and eager to learn.
Types of Internships
The following areas can accommodate students throughout the year: Member Services, Communication, Food Sourcing, Logistics, Philanthropic Programs, and Public Policy & Research. Each internship position will have clear job descriptions and have a designated staff member from the appropriate department who will serve as the main point of contact for students.