Fulfill, formerly The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, is seeking a full-time Executive Director to carry forward its mission to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. This position reports to the Board of Trustees and has overall responsibility for the operation and representation of Fulfill to its various communities. Duties include advancing the organization’s mission, supervising the staff, implementing policies, managing financial resources, managing partnerships and being the ‘face’ of the organization. The Executive Director oversees an annual operating budget of $27 million with revenue from government, foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
• Exercising oversight for all aspects of the organization’s administration and program delivery, financial stability, policy implementation, quality assurance, and infrastructure
• Articulating and being an advocate for the importance of reducing food insecurity and encouraging a multi-pronged approach that includes the Board of Trustees, staff, volunteers, member agencies, donors, policy makers, community leaders, and the general public
• Providing leadership and inspiration to the staff. Building a team that works collaboratively and maintains a culture of accountability
• Identifying opportunities for creative and efficient collaborations that increase impact while reducing expenses
• Participating in strategic planning with the Board of Trustees
Fulfill is seeking an outgoing, confident, responsive person with exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Qualified candidates will have:
• A passion and caring for the mission and purpose of Fulfill
• Extensive experience in addressing food insecurity and providing leadership in
• Ability to inspire and motivate teams
• An ‘outcomes orientation’; knowing how to effectively capture
impact/outcome information and utilize it well
• A minimum of seven years of senior management-level experience
• Professional, highly effective written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Proven strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain
important relationships with partners, funders, and government entities
• Demonstrated success in operational and financial oversight, strategic
planning, organizational development and nonprofit governance
• Technology skills, especially for program evaluation and operating efficiencies
• An interest in and ability to explore and develop additional resources and
relationships that enhance the organization
• Demonstrated ability in successfully creating and maintaining productive,
collaborative relationships with other community organizations.
• Ability to partner effectively with a Board with a track record of success in
• A Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Business,
or another relevant field is preferred.
• Previous Executive Director experience preferred
The compensation range for the position is $160,000 - $180,000 inclusive of benefits. Compensation package details are negotiable based on experience and individual priorities.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include a cover letter with the following information:
• Description of your interest in the position
• Evidence that your qualifications and experience match the organizations interests
• Evidence of passion for the mission
• How you learned of the position .
Only electronic submissions will be considered. All applications will be treated as confidential. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Travel expenses to interviews and relocation expenses for the new Executive Director will not be reimbursed by Fulfill.
Founded in 1984 as the FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, Fulfill is a 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in Neptune, New Jersey, serving both counties. Proud to be a leading force in the fight against hunger, Fulfill distributes 13 million meals annually through a network of 300 community-based pantries, soup kitchens and other feeding programs. Those food distribution sites combined serve 130,000 individuals a year, including 40,000 children. Other services include: • Children’s feeding programs through backpack, after-school and summer food programs • Mobile pantries • Tax refund assistance • SNAP enrollment assistance • Culinary arts training program With the help of roughly 1,400 volunteers providing about 27,000 hours of assistance annually, Fulfill’s programs are truly a community effort. The Executive Director will reflect and define the face of Fulfill and will be responsible for developing and managing anticipated growth opportunities. Visit www.fulfillnj.org for more information.
This search is being facilitated by the Executive Search and Transition Management Division of The Support Center. Questions may be addressed to Marie Zieger at [email protected] Fulfill is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Fulfill does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.