Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The SEMO Food Bank is seeking a highly qualified, dynamic and engaging individual to serve as Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall administration, management and leadership of the SEMO Food Bank in the pursuit of our mission, goals and objectives as set by the Board of Directors. This includes fiscal accountability, personnel management, resource development (food and funds), operations management, public relations and compliance. The position reports to the Board of Directors. An ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for ending hunger. Must be willing and able to travel frequently on a local and national scale.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, business or related fields
• Visionary and creative leadership experience with an outstanding record of accomplishment in fundraising.
• 3+ years knowledge and best practices in all key areas of not-for-profit management, preferred
• Superior analytic, strategic and organizational skills, coupled with honesty, integrity, judgement and discretion
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, media relations, interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build community contacts
• Full-time, exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed.
Life Insurance & AD&D
Paid Time Off
9 paid holidays
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, which should include three professional references to Nirmala Lambert, SEMO Food Bank, P.O. Box 190, Sikeston, MO 63801, email@example.com by December 31, 2018 for consideration. No phone calls please.
Founded in 1985, in Sikeston, MO (formerly the Bootheel Food Bank), Southeast Missouri Food Bank provides food to charitable and disaster relief programs in Southeast Missouri. Southeast Missouri Food Bank is affiliated with Feeding America (formerly America’s Second Harvest), the nation’s food bank network. Over 180 nonprofit hunger relief agencies in sixteen counties of Southeast Missouri benefit from the Southeast Missouri Food Bank. These counties include Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Reynolds, Ripley, Scott, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard and Wayne. Member agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters for the abused and homeless, senior citizen programs, low-income children’s programs and non-profit rehabilitation facilities. The mission of Southeast Missouri Food Bank is to end hunger and leverage the power of food to build a healthy community. Those interested in helping can do so by making a tax-deductible contribution, donating food or scheduling a time to volunteer. Visit www.semofoodbank.org for more information.