Facts about hunger among Asian Americans
- Harmful racial stereotypes cause many to overlook hunger among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- An estimated 6% of Asian Americans are food insecure. That's 1 in 16 people who identify as Asian American.
- An estimated 19% of Pacific Islanders are food insecure. That's 1 in 5 people who identify as Pacific Islander.
- Recent immigrants from some Asian or Pacific Island nations face hunger at higher rates. For example, immigrants from Bhutan, Afghanistan, Nepal, and Myanmar are much more likely to experience hunger.
- More Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders visit food pantries and soup kitchens due to the economic hardship of the pandemic.
|Asian Community||Food Insecurity Rate|