Growing up, it seemed as if every Christmas a subconscious gift-giving theme emerged. Without planning, we would find that one gift would be serendipitously given to several people. One year, it was heated car window scrapers, another year, sports jerseys. Of course it tickled us to see these like-minded presents under our tree. This year, perhaps our theme will be Feeding America. After all, giving a gift can be heartwarming in three ways—to the giver, to the receiver, and to the 46 million Americans served by the Feeding America network.
This holiday season, several Feeding America partners have joined the fight against hunger in America by offering special campaigns that support our work. These partners are offering something unique for everyone:
- American Eagle is accepting donations at the register this holiday season.
- At Crate and Barrel you can donate at the register; all $5 donors will receive a holiday CD.
- For the third year in a row, Kiehl’s “Baby Give Back” campaign offers a selection of limited-edition skin care products.
- Garrett Popcorn can ship their handcrafted gourmet popcorn mix in a special Feeding America tin.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts is saying “Goodnight to Hunger” by donating 28 meals* to Feeding America for each direct booking on OmniHotels.com.
- The Frye Company is accepting donations at checkout both in stores and online through the holidays.
- The Cheesecake Factory donates $0.25 per slice of their Pumpkin and Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes to Feeding America.
- Food Lion Feeds hosts an in-store food drive program; shoppers can purchase a Holidays Without Hunger food box for $5 that will be distributed to local food banks.
- If you’re making a traditional green bean casserole, French’s will contribute $0.36 per specially marked container of their Crispy Fried Onions.
- Turkey on the Table will donate $1 for every decorative turkey purchased.
Simple acts of kindness can make a big difference for families in need during the holidays. By supporting Feeding America, the public can not only help families in need cherish their own holiday meal traditions, but also start a new tradition of giving with their loved ones. Thank you for helping make the holidays brighter for the people we serve.
Nancy Curby is senior vice president of corporate partnerships and operations at Feeding America.
*$1 helps provide 11 meals on behalf of local food banks. For each direct booking on OmniHotels.com, Omni will donate the equivalent of 28 meals.