Resources For You To Advocate For A Farm Bill That Protects SNAP
The Farm Bill is the centerpiece federal legislation for food and farming, and it impacts access to nutritious food for the millions of American families struggling with hunger. Feeding America works every day to support the protection and expansion of federal nutrition programs to ensure families do not go hungry.
Congress is currently considering the reauthorization of this critical legislation. Below are resources to help you advocate for a Farm Bill that strengthens and protects federal nutrition programs like the Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program (SNAP) and TEFAP for families struggling with hunger.
For more details and data about hunger in your community visit Feeding America's Map The Meal Gap.
Resources for Conference Bill:
- Conference Farm Bill Talking Points
- TEFAP Funding Levels in the Senate and House 2018 Farm Bills
- Senate/House Farm Bill Side By Side Fact Sheet
Resources for Senate Farm Bill (S.3042):
- Senate Farm Bill Topline Summary
- Senate Farm Bill Side-by-Side Summary
- Senate Sample Digital Advocacy Materials
Resources for House Farm Bill (H.R. 2):
Tell your Representatives to oppose H.R. 2 – the House version of the Farm Bill which takes food away from children, seniors, and veterans.