Over the next two years, Uber will work closely with Feeding America’s staff, volunteers, and their vast network of 200 food banks and 60,000 pantries to:
- Cover the costs of rides to connect underserved communities to food pantries and grocery stores using Uber Health;
- Find new ways to solve the last mile problem and deliver food to vulnerable communities with mobility challenges;
- Partner with restaurants to help increase food donations and divert surplus meals to food banks;
- Help provide 3 million meals through consumer activation campaigns on Uber Eats and use our platform to raise awareness on the issue of hunger across the United States;
- Address the logistical challenges inherent in moving food donations across Feeding America’s nationwide network using Uber Freight;
- Support Meal Connect, Feeding America’s technological solution that gives restaurants the opportunity to donate excess food to charities; and,
- Expand volunteering programs at Feeding America member food banks to create new opportunities for our employees to give back to their community.