The Youth Program Manager will manage and supervise all aspect of MANNA FoodBank’s program services that support addressing hunger among children of all ages, including MANNA Packs, Summer Packs, school pantries and other initiatives to feed children year around. The position will manage all aspects of the program, including innovation, development, implementation and evaluation, as well as the work with partners at the local, regional, state and federal level. This position is responsible for supervising and training all volunteers, including AmeriCorps team members, who support the program.
Oversight of Other Persons/Positions: volunteers, including AmeriCorps team members.
Design, develop, implement and manage the strategic plan for MANNA FoodBank’s Youth Program.
Community/Partnership Engagement and Management
1. Engage targeted community partners, stakeholders and collaborators across the 16-county service area, including Child Nutrition Directors, school administrators, MANNA’s existing network of partner agencies, new partner agencies, community organizations and government organizations.
2. Identify and engage with key community stakeholders to build relationships and spark engagement with programming and other departments within MANNA that address the resources needed in each community.
Program Development and Management
1. Oversee all program development activities, including but not limited to:
a. Analyze, research and design approaches to expand and improve enrollment of schools, individuals and families in youth programming, staying up-to-date on the work of organizations like Feeding America, Food Research and Action Center, NC Child Hunger Leaders and the Carolina Hunger Initiative, among others.
b. Design, develop, implement, and evaluate new outreach to partners in the MANNA partner agency network and other organizations outside the network.
c. Build and maintain partnerships with local, community and regional organizations to coordinate expansion of the program, including but not limited to school systems and other partners who reach children in need.
2. Develop, oversee and report on all program management activities: integration, scope, timeline, communication, data collection, stakeholder/partner engagement; quality/risk; budget/expense/procurement.
3. Develop, oversee and report on all program evaluation and performance metrics, ensuring compliance with grant/funder requirements and MANNA’s strategic plan.
4. Coordinate all youth programming initiatives with the MANNA Programs and Agency Relations Teams, working to bring multiple community partners together to address hunger and other social determinants of health in our service area.
General Management/Operations Coordination
1. Provide direction, training, supervision, and performance management of all direct reports, as applicable.
2. Develop and maintain data collection activities to report progress to MANNA leadership, funders and community partners.
3. Communication, training and assistance for participating schools and partners.
4. Communication and logistics with MANNA Volunteer Center and Food Sourcing Director.
5. Data collection from school/partner personnel.
6. Menu cycle planning and coordination of purchasing for youth programs with Food Sourcing team.
7. Manage all agreements, monitoring and other Feeding America and/or MANNA requirements with schools and partner agencies relative to youth programs.
8. Collaborate with community partners and other organizations focused on addressing social determinants of health.
9. Develop and monitor department budget, data tracking and reporting, and maintain goals, objectives, and work plans for the program and MANNA.
10. Assist the Resource Development Department in fundraising, grant and contract activities related to youth programming.
11. Oversee the recruiting and training of staff or contractors, interns and volunteers assigned to the program.
12. Perform public speaking and food bank tours with community stakeholders, donors and funders as required.
13. Complete periodic reports required by funders, donors, senior management, and the board of directors.
14. Perform additional duties in other MANNA FoodBank activities as needed or assigned by leadership.
1. Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with other MANNA programs and departments to ensure integration of all program activities with organizational activities.
2. Work collaboratively with all MANNA program teams to collectively impact the root causes of hunger.
3. Engage and actively participate in departmental and organizational meetings, initiatives and strategic plans.
4. Actively demonstrate MANNA core values and actively participate in continuous performance improvement within the team, department and organization.
5. Support and actively engage partners in promoting and integrating team efforts with all MANNA programs, agency relations, and operations.
• Education/Experience: A range of education, training, certifications and experience will be considered for this position.
- This range could include High School diploma or equivalent, combined with three to four years of work experience, and up to a four-year degree with one to two years of work experience.
- Fields of experience can include, but are not limited to, program management, youth programming, child hunger, primary education, public health, or a related field.
• Experience with data collection, analysis, reporting preferred
• Experience in leading, managing and training on-site and remote individuals, volunteers, and teams, community organizing, working with nonprofits as well as public and private organizations in diverse and rural settings preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven track record of success working in a busy office environment, meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities
• Experience in public speaking, meeting facilitation, program development and management and public and private partnership development
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience in project management preferred
MANNA offers a full range of competitive and comprehensive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, 401K match, short term and long term disability, PTO and paid holidays and more.
To view the full job description and complete an application, please visit the career page here: https://jobapply.page.link/pQsL
MANNA FoodBank is a private, not-for-profit service organization that links the food industry with over 200 partner agencies in 16 counties of Western North Carolina to get food to families’ tables. MANNA is an acronym, and stands for Mountain Area Nutritional Needs Alliance. Together we can solve hunger.