Do you want to join a team whose vision is to end hunger in your community? If yes, then this is the job for you! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank seeks an enthusiastic, service-oriented team player to serve as a Warehouse Organizer on our Warehouse Team. The Warehouse Organizer carries out all aspects of organizing the warehouse, cooler and freezer to ensure efficient and safe warehouse operations. This position safeguards and promotes the Foodbank’s commitment to food safety and requires a high degree of integrity, service, excellence and urgency in all related matters. This position is responsible for all product movement within racking, replenishments for daily Network Partner orders, dropping of pallets located in racking or bulk storage areas. Other duties include staging / storage of received product in compliance with all food safety standards set forth by Feeding America, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and American Institute of Baking (AIB). Further responsibilities include pallet tagging, and picking of Direct Distributions, Drop Sites, OFP loads Outside Carrier pickups, and Network Partner deliveries.
1. Organize the Warehouse, cooler and freezer to maximize the efficiency of distributing food.
2. Prepare the warehouse for incoming loads by re-organizing racking for the product placement upon receipt on the dock.
3. Maintain the organization of the warehouse including, but not limited to pallet tags, keeping like products together and following the guidelines set forth by Feeding America, USDA and AIB
4. Proper operation of powered equipment including, but not limited to lift truck or hand trucks, to move, or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
5. Operate the stretch wrap machine to secure products to the pallet before placing product in racking.
6. Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition by following prescribed safety regulations.
7. Complete all required paperwork in a legible manner in order for consistency, accuracy, and auditing purposes.
8. Assist with inventory accuracy checks and report findings to the Warehouse Manager.
9. Stage and load all Direct Distributions and outgoing Ohio Food Program (OFP) loads.
10. Coordinate inventory and all product transfer in bar-coding environment platform.
11. Maintain floor position of inventory and stock.
12. Perform other duties, as assigned
Additionally, the minimum qualifications include a High School diploma and one to three years of directly related experience in a warehouse environment preferred (dry, refrigerated and frozen food distribution warehouse); ability to lift and/or move up to 50-100 lbs on a daily basis; must be able to count and have basic math skills to bin slot product; commitment to outstanding customer service with a passion for working with people; comfort and willingness to operate or to be trained to operate a pallet jack or tow motor; ability to flex work schedule to support various Foodbank special events and initiatives; ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals; commitment to understanding and supporting the Foodbank’s mission, showing compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is a multiple NorthCoast99 top employer (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018), We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] and include the following information in your cover letter:
1. Summary of your background and relevant event management experience
2. Explanation of how you connect to our mission
3. Explanation of why you are the best fit for this position
4. Salary requirements
5. Contact information and best time to reach you
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank was formed in 1982 by a group of community leaders who made a commitment to provide emergency food to our neighbors in need. Today, the Foodbank provides food and other essential items to member hunger-relief programs in eight Northeast Ohio counties: Carroll, Holmes, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, Tuscarawas and Wayne. These member programs operate nearly 500 food pantries, hot meal sites, shelters and other hunger-relief programs in the neighborhoods and communities where people need food.