Come Work for a Wonderful Non-Profit Company in Central Pennsylvania!
We are looking for an experienced full-time Warehouse Associate to support the operation of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB) in receiving, storage, and staging of multiple food products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Follow safe equipment operating practices and the ability to maneuver electric rider pallet jacks and forklifts within warehouse performance standards.
• General knowledge of warehouse product flow from storing product in racks, picking orders from printed lists, loading pallets with product, and staging shipments for delivery trucks and agency pickups.
• Operate material handling equipment.
• Pick orders and stretch wrap completed pallets.
• Stage orders for delivery trucks and agency pickups.
• Load and unload trucks as required.
• Help clean and organize the warehouse.
• Maintain professional relationships with donors, agencies, volunteers, and coworkers.
• Assist in physical inventories.
The selected applicant will join a collaborative, values-driven, dynamic team that derives joy from the work and is passionate about resourcing the work to end hunger and its root causes.
The Food Bank’s work culture is progressive, forward thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways. As organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts and in working towards a future where no one should be hungry.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years’ warehouse employment or related job experience.
• Warehouse equipment certification.
CPFB cultivates a culture of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better organizational results.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Short-term Disability & Long-term Disability
• Paid Time Off
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by Friday, November 18, to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109 or email [email protected] or stop by our offices to complete an employment application. Excellent benefit package included.
We are a proud to be an equal opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of equity, diversity and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
The Central Pennsylvania Food Bank is a nonprofit organization committed to ending hunger in 27 counties across central Pennsylvania. By working with more than 1,300 local agencies and programs, we serve over 152,000 people in need each month through our two Healthy Food Hubs, located in Harrisburg and Williamsport.