The Vice President of Development is responsible for leading the Individual Gifts and Corporate/Community Engagement/Events teams to secure annual operating support as well as support the development and implementation of any future special initiatives or campaigns. The Vice President will participate as a member of the Revenue Leads Team providing overall direction and strategy to the Revenue Team in alignment with the GBFB strategic plan.
Through the direct management and supervision of the Senior Director of Development/ Individuals and Senior Director of Development/Institutional, the Vice President will have overall responsibility for the function and performance of all front-line fundraisers.
The Vice President will also manage a portfolio of select donors and prospects, serve as primary liaison to the Board of Advisors and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Advancement and the CEO to cultivate and close major and principal gifts. This position requires significant external relationship management as well as Team member supervision, mentoring and management.
The Vice President will be responsible for participating as an active member of the Senior Leadership team and in that capacity, represent the frontline fundraising program of the Advancement Team in strategic planning, organizational direction and any other responsibilities assumed by or assigned to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead the Individual Gifts and Corporate/Community Engagement/Events Teams to meet overall fundraising and organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively across the Revenue Team and within GBFB to create strategies that will raise private support in the areas of individual major gifts, institutional giving and virtual and/or in person events.
- Participate as a member of the Revenue Team Leadership, providing strategic and tactical support to the SVP.
- Demonstrated ability to raise large gifts from individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, motivate and mentor a team of fundraisers of varying experience and time in the field.
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills, with the ability to speak persuasively about the organization.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Self-driven to succeed and be committed to the mission of GBFB.
- Understanding of budgeting and planning required.
- Facility with donor management systems (SalesForce preferred).
- Fluent and experienced in the role of data/donor analytics and analysis to drive donor engagement, retention and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 15 years of progressive, significant nonprofit fundraising and management experience. Some experience in a community-based setting (non-academic medicine/higher education) preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Massachusetts philanthropic community is highly desirable.
- A track record of personally soliciting and closing gifts of at least six figures.
- Strong knowledge of SalesForce or similar donor database system.
- Prior experience in running successful annual giving programs and other campaigns a strong plus.
Through the compassion and commitment of our supporters, staff, partners and volunteers, The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) takes a bold, innovative and multi-pronged approach to achieve our mission to end hunger here. GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. We are committed to increasing our food distribution to provide three meals a day to every person in need in Eastern Massachusetts while supporting healthy lives and healthy communities. Our progress toward this goal is documented by town on our interactive map.
The Greater Boston Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief organization.
Through compassion and action, together we can create a hunger free Eastern Massachusetts.
GBFB Team Members will support the Mission to End Hunger Here. They will live our Team Member Values of Team Member Wellbeing, Teamwork, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Respect, Trust and Our Eastern Massachusetts Community.