Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
The Volunteer Services Coordinator works with the Director of Volunteer Services to recruit, train, retain and recognize volunteers, with a focus on the volunteers at Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) Food Bank Services campus. He/She will oversee the volunteer activities of groups as well as individuals.
The Volunteer Services Coordinator will:
• Greeting, touring and supervising daily volunteer groups
• Serve as point of contact for individual volunteers
• Ensure all volunteers receive orientation and training
• Identify or create volunteer opportunities for individuals
• Work closely with other staff in various departments to identify volunteer needs, coordinate volunteers and develop processes and procedures to accomplish goals
• Track and report volunteer hours, including timesheets for interns, court-mandated volunteers and students
• Work in predominately in warehouse environment on daily basis
• Operate warehouse equipment; in a safe manner
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in social science, business or related field Basic computer programs and data entry requirements
• Minimum of one year of volunteer coordination or related experience
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking experience
• Prior experience in both giving tours of facilities and train large groups
• Prior experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and PowerPoint
• Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday – Friday (then Tues – Sat.); occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus location
• Comprehensive benefits including medical / dental / vision / life / AD&D / LTD / retirement and more
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.