Responsible for development and growth of the organization’s volunteer program, including recruiting, training, placing, retaining, recognizing, documenting and managing volunteers as well as enhancing their volunteer experience with us by improving communications with them and engaging other members of the External Affairs team in ensuring a positive experience. The Volunteer Experience Manager is the principal contact for thousands of volunteers and will have primary responsibility for managing the program and supervising a coordinator.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborates with and timely communicates to operations staff and others in the organization to identify needs and match available volunteers with mission-driven projects. Schedules and plans the volunteer work effort to best meet the needs of the organization.
- Secures services of volunteer workers through various recruitment efforts. Management of a Corporate Volunteer Program through which individual corporations recruit volunteers to work in teams. Collaborates with the corporate team in the Development department on enhancing the volunteer experience.
- Oversees the development of the Skilled Volunteers program. Provides guidance to the the Volunteer Services Coordinator in growing the program and ensure that all departments of the Food Bank are aware of the program and utilize this opportunity.
- Thinks creatively and works cooperatively to develop volunteer projects which provide support to the organization while also providing volunteers with the best possible hands-on experience. Manages volunteers as they work on various projects.
- Develops and manages the volunteer orientation and training process. Along with the Volunteer Services Coordinator, greets volunteers and welcomes them to the Foodbank. Ensures that the volunteer experience is enjoyable, positive and satisfying. Educates volunteers on how their work is helping in the fight against hunger.
- Schedules and manages groups of volunteers at the Foodbank, at various special events and while they are doing mission related work in the community. Ensures that the volunteer schedule distributed to others in the organization.
- Communicates with volunteers on a regular basis about volunteer opportunities and Foodbank news. Establishes and maintains a regular vehicle for communications with volunteers, e.g., a newsletter.
- Recognizes volunteers for their service to the Foodbank. Collaborates with the Events team in planning the annual volunteer recognition event and ensuring that thank you letters are timely sent.
- Speaks to community groups, explaining poverty issues, Foodbank activities and the role of the volunteer program. Attends collegiate and corporate service fairs whenever possible.
- Prepares the annual budget for volunteer services insuring the proper expenditures of resources related to the Volunteer Experience Department.
- Management of the Cervis database insuring the accuracy of volunteer contacts and hours of service.
- Directs data entry efforts with Cervis with Volunteer Experience Coordinator’s assistance.
- Prepares and conducts regular surveys to evaluate effectiveness of volunteer service program. Report on results to the VP of External Affairs.
- Prepares statistical reports on extent, nature, and value of volunteer services.
- Maintains required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and three to four years volunteer management experience. Two to three years supervisory experience required. Required to work beyond normal working hours, when necessary. Must possess outstanding leadership abilities, interpersonal and group communication skills. Possess strong attention to detail. Ability to effectively leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, EMR and other Windows based computer software. Desired experience in Raisers Edge and Cervis. Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience with designing, developing and executing programs. Project management experience required. Drivers license required.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
Apply for this position through the following link: https://clevelandfoodbank.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1054604&&&jbsrc=1023
or email: [email protected]
Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2018 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.