The Volunteer Coordinator serves a vital role coordinating the day-to-day volunteer services at the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia. This position will provide support, information, data entry and scheduling of volunteers and volunteer activities. Working with about 6,000 individual volunteers, the Volunteer Coordinator provides volunteer support to all departments of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia. Reporting to the Volunteer Manager, assures that all volunteer (individuals, and community, corporate, and military groups) needs are met during their period of service.
The ideal candidate will present a positive image of self and the organization; have at least 2 years of work experience in volunteer coordination or related non-profit work.
Work Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday; full-time, non-exempt; some weekend and evening work required.
• Oversees scheduling individuals and groups for daily volunteer assignments and special projects via telephone, email, website, and in-person.
• Manages the arrival and intake process of volunteers at the beginning of their shifts.
• Work with Volunteer Manager to ensure proper training and management of specialized volunteer teams and events.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining files on volunteers participating in special programs, tracking and reporting hours as requested by outside organizations and individual volunteers.
• Responsible for accuracy of volunteer information in Volunteer Hub and maintaining the volunteer database, transferring of hours into Donor Quest and related electronic information and paperwork.
• Manages Excel data base and related paperwork for USDA distribution; including compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Organizes and supervises Friday USDA Distribution, including volunteer recruitment and training, coordination of volunteer teams and collaborates with Quality Assurance Manager to serve and assist clients.
• When scheduled, oversees Saturday volunteer and warehouse operation. Responsible for opening and closing duties, in accordance with all associated safety and operational procedures.
• Work on projects in coordination with volunteer manager and quality assurance manager.
Essential Education: Minimum: Bachelors’ Degree or High School with 5 years of supervisory/leadership related experience.
• Minimum: 2 years of work experience in volunteer coordination or related non-profit work.
• Note: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religions, spiritual, community, student, social).
Required skills, Abilities & Certifications/Licenses or Registrations:
• Skilled in management of personnel, interpersonal communication and basic mediation.
• Ability to work and interact well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
• Skilled at organizing volunteer tasks, information and materials effectively.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Food Safety Training will be required after hire.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to when working in office or warehouse environment.
• This job requires that weight be lifted or force be exerted up to 30 pounds when handling donations, documents and files.
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) working with documents, computer screens and filing.
• Regularly required to talk or hear when communicating with employees and clients.
• The employee frequently is required to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
• Use hands and fingers to handle, or feel.
• Reach with hands and arms.
Travel Requirements: Some local travel and overnight travel for training required.
Job Type: Full-time.
To Apply: Submit an online application at https://foodbankonline.org/about-us/careers/.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to complete the application process please contact the employer directly at [email protected]
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foodbank encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission, which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community” - the Foodbank has distributed over 300 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. For up-to-date information on the Foodbank, visit www.foodbankonline.org, Facebook, or Twitter.
Pay: Starting at $21.21 per hour.