This position is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day logistical operations within Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving, Purchasing, and Inventory departments.
• Define a strategic vision plan of logistics for the operations departments.
• Oversee operational staff and budgets for Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving, Purchasing, and Inventory departments.
• Handle day-to-day operational requirements about logistics practically and professionally.
• Ensure the timely and accurate receiving and distribution of products consistent with Foodbank objectives.
• Optimize our transportation network for cost and service, leveraging data-driven decision-making to deliver meaningful results that align with the overall transportation and logistics strategy.
• Oversee CERES and AGI, Jet Reports, Dashboard, and other operational systems and training opportunities for support staff.
• Exercise proactive communication with internal functions (e.g., Product Donations, Agency Relations, etc.) to coordinate appropriate delivery and pick-up activities.
• Measure and analyze key performance indicators; on-time delivery tracking, driver errors, and safety/damage controls
• Focus on error reduction, assuring continuous improvement.
• Lead and communicate goals; team objectives, and priorities
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree; or five to seven years’ experience in distribution center management: or a combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of distribution center technology and procedures
• Commitment to furthering the mission of the Community Food Bank
• High degree of computer proficiency, including all MS Office programs
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• High level of analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills
• Proven supervisory skills (a minimum of five years)
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to organize work, delegate, and supervise others
REQUIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• A desire to fulfill the Food Bank’s mission and uphold its core values.
• Integrity, enthusiasm, perspective, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
• A desire to be a part of an innovative, entrepreneurial organization with the ability to prioritize, move quickly, and maintain strong follow-through in a dynamic environment.
• The intellectual depth, maturity, wisdom, and collaborative skills to garner the trust and confidence of volunteer and volunteer leaders, staff, and other constituents.
• Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels and a solid commitment to teamwork.
• 75,000 – 110,000, depending on education and work experience.