Fulfill seeks a dynamic program leader and relationship-builder for our Vice President of Community Impact. Reporting to the President and CEO, this position is a key member of our senior management team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the organization. The VP of Community Impact provides leadership, strategic direction, and management for the portfolio of programs and partnerships that offer the communities and individuals we serve access to the resources and food that they say they need in order to thrive. By building feedback loops and evaluation metrics, the VP of Community Impact also works to ensure Fulfill holds itself accountable to its programs and services-related impact goals. Taking a collective impact approach to addressing food and nutrition insecurity, the successful candidate will help identify and cultivate new partnerships to better reach our food-insecure neighbors and to leverage our programs and services for greater impact.
Strategy and Planning
• In collaboration with the President & CEO, provides leadership, vision building and strategic guidance for Fulfill’s programmatic areas.
• Effectively defines and implements partnership and program activities in the pursuit of four strategic goals: 1) a strong, resilient pantry network; 2) a collective impact approach to addressing food insecurity; 3) sustainable revenue; and 4) a culture that attracts and develops top, diverse talent.
• Continuously informs Fulfill’s public policy agenda based on on-the-ground programmatic experience reflecting need and lived experience.
• Actively collaborates with the senior management team in short- and long-term work-planning and budgeting in fulfilling the overall organizational mission.
• Acts as the staff resource for the Agency Partner Committee of the Board of Trustees (a working committee of Board members, agency partners, and Fulfill staff), effectively communicating and presenting critical matters to the Board. Participates in board and committee meetings as requested.
• Provides relevant reports to CEO, Board, funders and/or others as needed.
• Develops budgets, calendars, action plans, materials and processes to enhance impact.
Serving Network and Neighbors
• Oversees all aspects of Fulfill’s programmatic work, including compliance and capacity building for our network of charitable food distribution sites, benefits outreach and application assistance, child and senior nutrition programs, workforce development, garden education, and direct distributions.
• Plans, implements and evaluates program strategies, prioritizing client experience and equitable access to nutritious food and resources.
• Establishes and develops measurement systems for outcome and impact metrics across all program areas; analyzes program operational data to identify, plan, and implement changes to increase reach, and decrease service delivery gaps.
• Engages Agency Partner Committee of the Board of Trustees to develop and execute a grant-making strategy to build the capacity and resiliency of Fulfill’s agency partner network.
• Ensures compliance with contract requirements from funders, including government agencies and Feeding America.
• Works closely with Finance and Development colleagues on grant applications and reports, ensuring timely and accurate submissions.
• Works closely with the Operations Department to ensure that product quality and availability meet program needs and priorities.
Collaborating for Impact
• Cultivates current and new innovative community partnerships (eg, government, schools, healthcare, etc.) to foster collaboration and build capacity to achieve long-term food security goals in Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
• Convenes and/or participates in multi-stakeholder coalitions to develop and implement community-wide food security goals.
• Prioritizes resources and efforts on people and communities disproportionately experiencing food insecurity.
• Designs program strategies that integrate multi-partner, system change models.
• In partnership with Development, identifies grant opportunities to support collaborative initiative(s); assists in grant writing activities, including research, developing program logic models, and budgets.
• Represents the organization at community meetings, and at public events and meetings at the request of the President & CEO.
Management and Supervision
• Builds and grows the Community Impact team to support the goals, strategies and desired outcomes of the strategic plan.
• Hires, trains, and motivates a diverse and competent staff committed to the mission and values of Fulfill. Coaches and develops staff to maximize performance, completes performance reviews and makes recommendations to the President and CEO affecting salary and employment decisions.
• Mentors team members in the creation and implementation of metrics to improve processes, outcomes and impact.
• Manages the Community Impact Department in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate staffing, systems, internal controls, policies and procedures are in place to support programmatic goals.
• Leads, supervises, and supports the department with equity, diversity, and inclusion as core values.
• A minimum of five years’ management experience required for this position, preferably in human services, social work, public health or related fields.
• Strong understanding of the socioeconomic factors that contribute to food insecurity.
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and play a leadership role in strategic partnerships and working relationships with a broad range of diverse stakeholders across the community, including philanthropic, business and government sectors.
• Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including experience applying outcome measurement principles and practices.
• Knowledgeable about the human services community in Monmouth and Ocean Counties preferred.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Technical aptitude in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and warehouse management software (prior experience with CERES a plus).
• Must possess strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
• Demonstrated experience in managing people and budgets.
• Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required.
Excellent benefits. Fulfill is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
TO APPLY, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Fulfill’s mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth & Ocean Counties and to make sure that all people at all times have access to enough nutritious food to maintain an active and healthy life. Fulfill has an employee base of over 50 employees.
Our headquarters is in Neptune with a satellite branch (The BEAT Center) in Toms River. This position will split time in both locations.