This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Transportation Department and helps provide 24 hours coverage. Provide general supervision of all transportation operations managers and functional processes within the department. Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing function by offering the highest levels of logistics support. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities. Must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently. Must drive key performance indicators for cost savings and maintain efficient utilization of manpower through proper scheduling and training to provide the highest levels of customer service at the store level.
• Monitor and evaluate Transportation Team performance ensuring timely and accurate completion of projects and tasks.
• Assure proper scheduling of trucks for daily donor and agency routes and food drive pick-ups.
• Utilize fleet management software to provide recommendations to senior leadership for improving current procedures, increased delivery efficiency and cost savings.
• Develop and maintain strong transportation metrics to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
• Plan, communicate and execute final recommendations for efficiency improvements and enhanced transportation policy and procedures
• Conduct semi-annual written and verbal performance evaluations with each of the drivers and make annual pay and merit adjustment recommendations to senior leadership team
• Conduct ongoing meetings with each individual staff member to develop, train, motivate and encourage staff fostering environment of teamwork and ensuring productivity targets are being met.
• Ensure that the transportation team is staffed appropriately by hiring strong team members and evaluating and developing existing staff.
• Coordinates transportation safety training and workplace practices compliant with OSHA and DOT regulations.
• Serves on Safety Committee and ensures implementation of Food Bank’s Injury and Illness Program across transportation team.
• Assures that all vehicles have proper safety equipment and documentation, including registration, fire extinguisher, reflective triangles and extra fuses.
• Coordinates and maintains proper compliance with programs.
• Oversees records for daily inspection forms, general vehicle service records, driver logs and time sheets, service records and other records required by regulatory entities.
• Assures maintenance of all Food Bank vehicles by scheduling regular maintenance and repairs.
• Secures bids from outside contractors and vendors for major repairs.
• Develops in kind transportation support from partners in the community including Coast Guard and non-government organizations
• Maintains Driver Training Program by training and assessing new or trainee drivers.
• During periods of short staffing, driver illness, vacation or leaves of absence, occasionally drive trucks to make pick-up and deliveries.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Highly organized, dependable individual with great communication skills.
• Three to five years’ experience driving trucks with heavy logistics focus combined with supervisory experience.
• Previous experience training, reviewing and developing staff.
• Strong ability to gather and analyze data to promote and achieve efficiency goals.
• Daily dispatching and routing experience. Fleet Management Software experience preferred.
• Ability to facilitate the driver training and safety programs.
• Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in MS Office suite required. Experience in data entry and inventory software experience preferred.
• Valid California Class-C driver’s license and insurable driving record required. Class A commercial driver’s license preferred.
• Ability to maintain all paperwork and records assigned to this position.
• Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Food Bank’s Illness and Injury Prevention Program.
This multifaceted position is in both an office and warehouse environment as well as in company vehicles. The position requires the ability to do heavy lifting (70 lbs.) bend, stoop, squat, climb, step up, sit for long periods of time, stand and walk as associated with Operations activities. Ability to work on a computer, use a phone, communicate clearly and understand instructions.
Treasure Coast Food Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; paid time off; and a schedule of paid holidays.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line.
Treasure Coast Food Bank is the only food bank and largest hunger relief organization on Florida’s Treasure Coast, providing the community each year with millions of meals valued at more than $50 million through robust programs and in partnership with 400 charitable organizations in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties. In addition to emergency food distribution, Treasure Coast Food Bank operates a full roster of direct service programs that not only solve the immediate problem of hunger, but help individuals and families gain long-term food security, better health outcomes, and self-sufficiency. Treasure Coast Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. For more information on Treasure Coast Food Bank, call 772.489.3034, log on to www.stophunger.org, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tcfoodbank, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tcfoodbank.