Responsible for, supporting, troubleshooting, and testing of Northern Illinois Food Bank’s fully relational Database structures and Microsoft Dynamics Nav/Ceres. Responsible for designing and/or analyzing program updates, changes and developments as it relates to Business flows. Supports a fully integrated system designed to meet user requirements. (e.g., reports, etc.). Incumbent is also responsible for assisting in training. This position also participates in disaster recovery procedures, activities and must be available for emergency operational support on a 24-hour basis.
• Achieve minimal downtime and optimum response time for Northern Illinois Food Bank system(s). This is to be achieved by testing, and maintaining applications, including business processes, inventory management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchasing, general ledger, in-house development programs, sales analysis. All coding to be fully documented in accordance with Northern Illinois Food Bank procedures and policies.
• As well as improving efficiency and overseeing processes, the Systems Administrator also drives business process improvements and other strategic initiatives that support operational excellence and growth.
• Responsible for maintaining and administering Northern Illinois Food Bank’s SQL Databases, Querying, Views and SQL scripting.
• Responsibilities will include working with and managing existing Outsourced Northern Illinois Food Bank Support partners in conjunction with IT Management in a Project Management environment using PM tools. Also maintain future Microsoft Azure environment.
• Provide full understanding of the system by the user(s) and how it is integrated with other systems through published documentation.
Main Working Relationships
• All departments that use Information Technology services or equipment, software vendors, and others connected with Information Technology. Lead cross functional teams through complex implementations.
• Must keep abreast of the latest hardware and software enhancements, seminars, training programs, user group associations, etc.
• Demonstrate strong technical ability to Design, Test and Troubleshoot in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Current and Future Database Cloud add-ons as well as Microsoft SQL environment.
• Must have a solid understanding of business operations, procedures and workflows.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to communicate at the user level about the system and programs.
• Able to work in a Helpdesk orientated environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines while working with multiple projects simultaneously using PM methodology.
• Ability to troubleshoot software problems and manage projects through a Helpdesk support system.
• Make technical recommendations for hardware/software requirements, changes or customizations in conjunction with IT senior management.
• Work with and manage Projects with assigned vendors and Developers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• B. A. in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP Software.
• Ability to analyze, support and test in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
• Knowledge of SQL scripting, Querying, Reporting and View development.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure environment.
• Demonstrated analytical capability and strong attention to detail
• Ability to interact with users to understand needs and develop procedures and work with developers on modifications and train on application software.
• Strong Knowledge of fully integrated software systems.
• Strong Project Management and Methodology Skills.
• Strong Knowledge of Web Management and interfacing.
• Strong knowledge of WordPress/WOO Commerce and PHP and Website environments.
• Strong knowledge of Cloud based SAAS.
• Business Central or AGI or other Warehouse systems.
• Managing Vendor relations
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
• Axapta, Microsoft Dynamics, People soft Experience
Full Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, 401k and more
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than half a million people every year. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.