Feeding Tampa Bay is seeking an Inventory Manager to join the Warehouse Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Director of Operations with providing direct oversight of the inventory management operations and staff. You will ensure the overall inventory management system and processes allow for the efficient and accurate receipt, storage and distribution of product to our communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and coordinate the day to day operation of the Inventory section.
• Ensures the accuracy of the inventory reporting system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
• Provides oversight and direction for receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, personnel policies and procedures.
• Monitors delivery receipts, shipments and product management to improve inventory control procedures.
• Ensures causative research is performed consistently on product and supply levels to anticipate and/or identify and resolve inventory issues.
• Provides direct supervision of Inventory staff including the training employees, planning, assigning and directing work.
• Provide updates and reports to the Operations Director and/or other senior staff members as requested.
• Develop and implement processes improvements to enhance inventory accuracy and data integrity.
• Develop, review, implement and maintain SOPs to ensure compliance on all requirements.
• Attend scheduled meetings and synchronization efforts to promote interdepartmental cohesiveness.
• Develop and foster positive working relationships with FTB internal department leadership personnel to streamline communication and effectiveness.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• College degree or equivalent and 5 years of food warehouse/inventory management experience; or training, or equivalent combination of education, experience in warehousing, shipping and receiving.
• Certified in the use of forklifts and electrically powered pallet jack or the willingness and capability to become certified.
• 5 years of experience with usage, operation, and management of ERP software in warehousing and inventory operations.
• Food safety certification is required; it will be provided as necessary.
• Ability to work in an environment that will contain variable temperatures and humidity, exposure to noise, dust/dirt.
• Ability to work flexible schedules, including weekends.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Work, Excel) and promptness responding to emails.
• Commitment to understanding and supporting FTB’s mission.
• Ability to work independently and be accurate with data.
Apply at: https://feedingtampabay.org/careers
Focused on uplifting our neighbors toward long-term sustainability, Feeding Tampa Bay nourishes human potential by providing access to food and then leveraging that access to connect those we serve with empowering resources. With a commitment to end hunger in our region by 2025, our work is driven by the desire to create health and capability in every family, child and senior we serve.
At Feeding Tampa Bay, we are on a united path to transform our community. We thoughtfully drive change while embracing and celebrating our collective impact, as well as the impact of each individual. Through our Grow Code we strive to honor all, conquer together, be an imaginist, speak with truth, and stay rooted in the mission of Feeding Tampa Bay.
If you would like to learn how you can make an impact as part of our dedicated team in the Transportation Manager role, we want to hear from you!