The Strategic and Legacy Gifts Manager will actively manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects (i.e. $5,000+). Responsibilities will include identifying prospects, developing individual donor strategies, meeting face to face and soliciting prospects. In addition, the Manager will oversee the team’s Moves Management process and moving donors through the pipeline.
• Actively manage a portfolio of current and potential major, individual donors (i.e. $5,000+).
• Oversee Moves Management program, ensuring that donor information is up-to-date in Raiser’s Edge, and that staff are regularly meeting to discuss donor strategy and evaluate progress.
• Identify top prospects, vet through the Moves Management process, and develop appropriate engagement strategy for each prospect
• Develop strategy for donor interactions including preparing the CEO, Board President, and others for meetings.
• Solicit gifts from major donors and prospects, both independently and working collaboratively with CEO, Board Members, and other Food Bank volunteers and staff.
• With support of strategic gifts team prepare proposals, solicitation letters and stewardship reports.
• Develop strategy for engage and upgrading mid-level donors through the pipeline to portfolio management.
• Develop strategy to expand Planned Giving program, including recognizing and stewarding current members, identifying, cultivating and soliciting new prospects, targeting mailings, and offering informational seminars.
• Assist with developing budget, goals, and performance measures for building the strategic gifts program.
• Supervise members of the Strategic and Legacy Gifts team through ongoing coaching and management of the strategic gifts program.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Three or more years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising.
• A background of raising funds from individuals and successful experience in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies is required.
• Experience in managing a Moves Management/Prospect Review process.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments.
• Self-starter, energetic and eager to build major donor relationships.
• An analytical mind, organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
• Proficiency with MS Office and a donor database.
• Commitment to understanding and supporting Northern Illinois Food Bank’s mission
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
• Ability to use online and Raiser’s Edge resources to identify and research prospects and donors a plus.
Full range of benefits - medical, dental, vision, STD & LTD. Northern Illinois Food Bank also has a matching 401K.
Please apply directly on our website at: https://solvehungertoday.org/about-us/join-our-team/
Who We Are: Our vision at Northern Illinois Food Bank is for everyone in Northern Illinois to have the food they need to thrive. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and proud member of Feeding America, we serve our neighbors in 13 counties with dignity, equity and convenience, providing 250,000 meals a day. We bring together manufacturers, local and corporate grocers, area farmers, corporations, foundations, and individuals who donate food and funding, and each week nearly 1,000 volunteers help us evaluate, repack, and distribute food. We also proudly partner with more than 900 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and youth and senior feeding programs to provide nutritious food and resources. Our distribution centers are located in Geneva, Park City, Rockford and Joliet.