Top-rated Food Bank office and warehouse environment - with efficiency and food safety priority - this function assists in the maintenance of equipment and of the building, both internal and external. Exposure to dry, temperature-controlled (Cooler/Freezer), and outside environments. This will include evening and weekend hours.
-Maintains internal and external areas of the facility
-Maintain and repair equipment
-Maintain a small kitchen Boiler
-Lawn care and snow removal
-Perform daily checks of exterior and remove all foreign objects such as trash and debris
-Assist internally with basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical maintenance
-Perform other duties as assigned
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
· Stationary Engineer's License required
· Able to take and follow directions as well as take pride in the delivery of good customer services
· Able to work in general office and warehouse environments as well as outdoors (including times of inclement weather)
· Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 6 to 8 hours daily.
· Able to operate basic equipment such as lawn mowers, snow removal equipment, cardboard bailer, and trash compactors.
· Knowledge of HVAC, refrigeration and freezer systems;
· Ability to operate material handling equipment such as forklifts and scissor lifts are a plus.
· Computer literate
· Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Flexible work schedule
· Standard warehouse environment and facility.
· Interacts with GCFD staff, construction and maintenance contractors and vendors.
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks.
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Employer paid life and disability insurance
Employee Assistance Program
403(b) retirement plan
Paid time off
Free onsite fitness classes
Healthy, affordable onsite dining
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is Cook County’s local food bank. We provide food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community. Working with a network of more than 700 partner agencies and programs including food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters, we provide food and hope for our neighbors in need every day.