Feeding Wisconsin is hiring for our next Statewide FoodShare Outreach Program Director! We're looking for a data-driven, outcome motivated, ending hunger ambassador to help us manage, coordinate, and support our statewide FoodShare/SNAP Outreach program. Come join our team!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with first review on August 29, 2022.
A cover letter is recommended for consideration.
The pay range for this role is $60,000-$65,000.
Feeding Wisconsin uses a hybrid work model. Program director will be required to be in-person (Madison, WI) Tuesdays and Thursdays, with an opportunity for remote work Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Out-of-state selected candidates will be required to relocate to the Wisconsin prior to their start date.
The FoodShare Outreach State Program Director is responsible for managing a statewide network of outreach and application assistance programs to increase access to the FoodShare program (Food Stamps/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP) for the purposes of reducing hunger and food insecurity and improving health in Wisconsin. This position establishes program awareness through:
● Statewide coordination of outreach efforts including: establishing short and long-term goals, effective messaging to potential applicants and community service organizations, reporting and data analysis, policy updates, and staff support;
● Management of a statewide FoodShare Helpline; and
● Management of a Statewide Outreach Contract and relationship with the Department of Health Services (DHS).
● Provides strategic planning, program oversight, direction, and evaluation for Feeding Wisconsin’s FoodShare
Outreach Program, including development of program goals, objectives, outreach
activities and metrics.
● Provides management and support to direct report personnel (detailed further below).
● Holds primary responsibility for planning and implementation of FoodShare outreach material development for six member food banks, including print materials, digital content, and other marketing materials.
● Maintains all online Feeding Wisconsin FoodShare Outreach properties including www.getaquestcard.org, social media, and online advertisements such as Facebook and other marketing platforms.
● Develops, implements, and monitors annual DHS outreach plan to build awareness of the FoodShare Outreach Program and support application assistance.
● Performs ongoing monitoring of federal and state policy to ensure that barriers and/or opportunities are communicated to FoodShare Outreach Specialists and Helpline Coordinators.
● Establishes all reporting guidelines, analyzes data recorded through online cloud-based client ticketing system (Zendesk) and www.access.wi.gov, and uses data to further program development and improvement.
● Prepares, maintains, and submits all written records and reports in a format that is readily accessible for internal and external monitoring (for funders, government agencies, and internal use).
● Oversees the FoodShare Helpline including staff training, orientation, scheduling, and supervision.
● Cultivates, maintains and grows excellent relationships with site partners and key project and community members, including DHS staff and county income maintenance staff.
● Develops, monitors, and manages program budget and subcontract budgets, while ensuring regulatory compliance as outlined in the State of Wisconsin’s FoodShare Outreach Plan and contracts.
● Attends and/or presents at conferences, meetings, and seminars as necessary to further programmatic goals.
● Maintains strict confidentiality regarding all aspects of applicants’ personal information and agency matters.
● Performs other duties as assigned by leadership in order to achieve FoodShare goals and objectives.
Personnel management and supervision:
● Manages Helpline staff: Ensures that the Helpline is adequately staffed and that staff members are trained to provide high-quality customer support.
● Supports broader statewide FoodShare Outreach team members by working with local food bank programs to establish and monitor performance objectives and demonstrate progress toward goals; lead monthly statewide conference calls and quarterly in-person statewide team meetings; develop team members’ skills and abilities both individually and as a group - to increase effectiveness; and ensure that employees have access to the resources needed to be successful.
● Conducts performance reviews at the quarterly and annual milestones for Helpline staff.
● Documents any needed disciplinary action with regard to performance, and provides counseling/coaching to ensure proper performance.
● Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
● Outstanding data collection, relationship building, reporting, and program evaluation skills
● High quality of work with special emphasis on detail, accuracy, and consistency
● Valid driver’s license and good driving record; access to dependable transportation
● Ability to set own priorities and work independently
● Professional written and oral communication skills
● Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office programs and computer skills (specifically Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
● Ability to learn new software programs for data collection, analysis, and reporting (Zendesk and Tableau)
● Ability to successfully pass background check
● Ability to travel throughout the state for meetings, conferences, and trainings
● Commitment to the vision of a healthy and hunger-free Wisconsin
● Master’s degree in public administration, social work, public policy, or related field
● Knowledge of hunger-relief and nutrition programs and experience with food assistance resources; extensive
knowledge of FoodShare required within 3 months of employment
● Related supervisory experience and project management
● Bilingual (English/Spanish/Hmong) communication skills
● Experience working with community based, nonprofit organizations
● Ability to work on a computer for several hours at a time
● Ability to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste/smell; and lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
● Ability to use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear
● Ability to travel throughout the state
● Work is performed in an office environment. The employee is occasionally required to work in outdoor conditions and off-site locations.
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Comprehensive benefits package provided.
Healthcare (95% employer paid), Dental, Vision, 23 days paid time off accrued over first year, 12 paid holidays, retirement match of 100% up to 5% of eligible employee's contribution, flexible spending plans, life insurance, and more.
Learn more at our website: https://feedingwi.org/about/employment.php
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to Stephanie Dorfman at sdorfman at feedingwi.org
Feeding Wisconsin is the state association of the six regional Feeding America food banks that provide food to over 1,000 local food programs in all 72 counties. Its mission is to help food banks, partners, and the public fight hunger, improve health, and strengthen local communities. Through food banks and food pantries, Feeding Wisconsin works to ensure that everybody has access to the food and benefits they need to work, learn, play and live healthy lives.
Feeding Wisconsin assists our food banks to build capacity to end hunger by raising statewide food and funds, increasing awareness about hunger in Wisconsin, advocating for ending hunger policy, strengthening public and private solutions to food insecurity, and connecting those experiencing hunger to food and benefits. For more information, please visit our website at www.FeedingWI.org
This position does not require a criminal background check.
The ability to work from home is a flexible work arrangement that Feeding Wisconsin offers to enable employees to achieve a more successful balance between work responsibilities and personal life. FW may offer this option to employees when it benefits both the organization and the employee. However, our FW office serves as a critical hub for collaboration and connectedness. This position does have the capacity to work from home in our hybrid work model.