This position is responsible for accounting for both grant/sub-grants agreements including invoicing, collecting, payment processing, and related financial reporting. They will also be responsible for general ledger/sub-accounts analysis, journal entries for monthly closing, variance and statistical analysis, and other special projects as assigned.
Grants and Sub-Grants/Contracts
• Reconcile GL grants and accounts receivable, grants payable accounts and review and analyze P&L reports for all grants and sub-grants monthly.
• Maintain grant and sub-grants information (Excel subsidiary ledger).
• Assist in the process of applying for grants/contract proposals.
• Coordinate the follow-through on deadlines and financial reporting requirements over the life of each grant or contract.
• Assist the Finance Director and Accounting Manager in preparing financial compliance reports for various funders.
• Assist, monitor, and distribute expenditures in accordance with approved grant agreements.
• Assist the Finance Director and Accounting Manager in preparing budget modification and no cost extension requests.
GL and Others
• Assist in preparing journal entries and collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information for monthly and year-end closing.
• Analyze and reconcile specific general ledger account balance sheets and P&L accounts.
• Reconcile bank accounts including investment accounts.
• Perform special and specific financial and statistical analysis reporting.
• Process inventory transfers and assist in monthly inventory process.
• Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules; prepare monthly detail general journal entries; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
• Maintain AR balance and ensure all items are accounted for and accounts are current.
• Assist Finance Director with all aspects of annual budget, allocations and quarterly forecasting, and annual tax and compliance reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma and a minimum of 3 years non-profit accounting experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Experience with Navision, Jet Reports and Centage Planning Maestro software highly desired.
• Solid understanding of GAAP and grant accounting processes.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and other products in Microsoft Office suite.
• Self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. Works effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives.
• Must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
• Communicates accurately, honestly, supportively and in a timely manner with department and interdepartmental team members. Demonstrates strong planning, organizing, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please visit: http://www.foodbankccs.org/careers