The Sr. Director of Programs will serve as a critical member of the leadership team and will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the portfolio of Food Shuttle programs and related services.
• Manage all Food Shuttle programs while providing guidance to further develop and implement those programs.
• Work with other leadership or senior leadership to establish a strategic vision and guiding philosophy that will inform short- and long-term goals of programming.
• Strengthen partnerships between the public, affiliate organizations and/or business partners.
• Mentor and collaborate with managers, program directors and other team members.
• Assist with the evaluation of programs regularly for effectiveness and improvements where necessary
• Track and report how services are delivered and support their findings with objective data including statistics, research, and objective evaluation tools
• Directly supervise program managers and coordinators; working closely with program staff to build their skills and confidence so that they can mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff.
• Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
• Create and support a high performing culture in the program department aligned with Food Shuttle’s core values.
• Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal, by clearly communicating agency vision, implementing yearly staff development plans and mentoring.
• Establish annual program, departmental and staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
• Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
• Support fund development efforts through proposal writing and partnering with Chief Development Officer to steward funding relationships. Coordinate with the communications and marketing team on developing new programs ideas and pilot projects, including integrating successful pilots into the program department.
• Seek programmatic opportunities in alignment with strategic priorities and strategic plan
• Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are met consistently.
• Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS • A bachelor's degree and significant years of experience in the field. Masters Degree, preferred • Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising. • Ability to communicate vision to board of directors, other C-level officers and staff • A minimum of eight years leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving special populations and/or communities. • Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship. • Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes. • Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders. • Strong community awareness and astuteness. • Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness and empowerment. • Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and a working knowledge of information technology, both existing and emerging.
Fast paced work environment, primarily office based with up to 8 hours a day sitting at a computer.
• Food Shuttle Benefits: Effective on the 1st day following 90 days after your full-time hire date, you will be eligible to enroll in the employee benefits plan. The Food Shuttle currently contributes 65% of the employee only premium Medical Plan, 65% of the employee only Dental Plan, and 100% towards the employees Life Insurance.
• Simple IRA:
• Paid Time Off: You will be eligible for fifteen (15) Paid Time Off (PTO) days annually.
• Paid Holidays: You will be eligible for 10 designated paid holidays per year, including your birthday.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 10-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.