The Sr. Accountant is responsible for ensuring the proper fulfillment and accuracy of accounting functions of a team of three within the accounting department consisting of an operating budget of $8.7 million cash and over $50 million in overall revenue (including in-kind). The Sr. Accountant, under the supervision of the Sr. VP of Business Operations and Finance, will manage the accounting department controls and functions to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), including the development and implementation of strong internal controls.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for the following duties (including but not limited to):
• Lead and assist with all aspects of the monthly and year-end close accounting procedures
• Analyze and review financial information and data for audit purposes and financial reporting to ensure accuracy
• Assist Sr. VP of Business and Operations with budgeting, monthly financial statement preparation, ad hoc reports and ensure strong internal controls support the various accounting processes
• Complete monthly financial close including bank and credit card reconciliations; maintain and expense prepaid and fixed asset schedules and review of all transactions and accounts as necessary
• Review and approve all grant reimbursements to ensure proper accounting and reporting of assigned grants including accurate allocations of expenditures based on Direct Allocation Method in accordance with OMB Uniform Guidance
• Assist with formation of annual organization budgeting and all necessary ad-hoc reports
• Assist the Accountant, Accounting Clerk and administrative staff on day-to-day financial tasks, matters and reports as needed
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• A minimum of five years of full-time, professional employment in accounting, auditing, budgeting or closely related financial activity, including a minimum of two-year lead/supervisory experience
• Minimum of three years of experience in non-profit accounting
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounting software, preferably QuickBooks, as well as Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to use good professional judgment to bring proposals to management for the purpose of anticipating future needs and responding to unanticipated events
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Proven working experience leading and/or supervising a team of two or more; ability to work harmoniously with staff members, plus work independently with little supervision
Full-time; exempt position. Monday – Friday with occasional weekends, nights and holidays. Primary work location: Family Services campus, office environment.
Comprehensive benefits, including some of the following: medical/dental/vision/life/LTD/retirement
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!