The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) is looking for a Regional Supervisor to oversee the planning, delivery and reporting of a grant funded nutrition education program in an assigned service area. This role will report directly to the Director of SNAP-Ed.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has the experience and ability to 1) manage the operations of a multi-component program, and 2) directly supervise a team of nutrition educators and provide effective team development as well as corrective action.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide supervision and oversight for a regional team of nutrition educators and one co-supervised data coordinator.
- Plan and facilitate trainings on nutrition education topics, state program guidelines and/or other skill areas deemed appropriate for nutrition educators.
- Assist in the development, planning, and implementation of nutrition education and related activities for multiple programs, including Direct Nutrition Education interventions and Policy, Systems & Environmental Change interventions targeting youth, adults and seniors.
- Participate in the creation and refinement of systems and processes to ensure coordination and collaboration between teams and regions, ensuring that program data is tracked and managed successfully.
- Assist in meeting the nutrition education program goals by delivering health promotion efforts to target audiences that promote:
- Physical activity
- Healthy food choices
- Engaging in a healthy lifestyle on a budget
- Decreasing the risk of nutrition related chronic diseases
- Represent the program and CFBNJ and participate in key local and/or regional coalitions and community events as appropriate.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships with non-profit, governmental and corporate organizations to further the goals of the program.
Qualified candidates will have Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science/Dietetics along with 5 years of supervision and project management experience. Bi-lingual language skills (English and Spanish/Creole/Bengali) is a plus. Candidates must be at ease with public speaking and be comfortable working with youth and adults in limited resource communities. This position will have a varied work schedule that includes occasional nights and weekends to meet the scheduling needs of partnering organizations and schools. Applicants must have a car as travel to various sites is required along with the capability to carry bulk materials as necessary; up to about 40 lbs. Technical aptitude (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for success, along with a positive, can-do attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation.
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ), a member of Feeding America®, has been delivering food, help and hope across the state for over 40 years. Last year, CFBNJ provided nutritious food for over 55 million meals through its network of more than 1,000 community partners including pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, mobile pantries, and child and senior feeding programs. Accompanying this, CFBNJ also provides vital programming as a frontline defense against hunger, helping families make ends meet and stretch food dollars further to alleviate food insecurity and improve health. For our hungry neighbors, the CFBNJ is the powerful agent of change that fills the emptiness caused by hunger and provides resources that are essential to earning a sustainable living.