Responsible for maintaining Service Desk Support
Developing knowledge of Northern Illinois Food Bank software standards and incorporate into the Service Desk function to support the Information Technology user base. This position will also assist and develop software-training agendas in conjunction with Information Technology management. In addition, procedures and policies pertaining to Information Technology will be maintained by this position. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
· Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
· Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the source of error.
· Determines root cause by hardware such, Printer, PC, Cables, Telephone, Cell Phone.
· Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff support.
· Logs and tracks calls using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
· Prepares standard statistical reports, such as Service Desk incident reports.
· Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and make recommendations to reduce the help line incident rate.
· Consults with Information Technology staff to explain software errors or to recommend changes to hardware or software.
· Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
· Tests software and hardware to evaluate the ease of use and whether a product will aid the user in performing work.
· Writes or revises Information Technology user training manuals, procedures and policies.
· Develops training materials such as exercises and visual displays.
· Trains users on software and hardware on-site or in the classroom.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Minimum 2-3+ years’ experience working in a Service Desk environment.
· Strong understanding of network applications and how they are integrated.
· Strong knowledge of Windows 7 -10 and the Network connectivity of Windows.
· Strong ability to analyze, resolve problems / issues in a PC Network with PC’s, Printers, Print Servers, and other peripheral devices.
· Ability to interact with users to understand needs and develop training agendas based on this knowledge.
· Good Training skills.
· Knowledge of Outlook, Skype for Business, Word Excel, Internet e-mail systems etc.
· Demonstrated fanatical support abilities
· Demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Products.
· Excellent communication skills.
Full benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, PTO, etc.
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.