The Senior Foundation Relationship Manager is a critical role on the Corporation, Foundations and Organizations (CFO) team. This person will primarily focus on institutional relationships, balancing a portfolio of existing and new foundation and organization donors. This role will steward partners through a moves management process and deepen connections to the mission of the Greater Chicago Food Depository. A successful candidate will be familiar with Chicago's philanthropic landscape, possess strong networking skills, and have experience managing and advancing institutional partnerships, especially foundations. The Senior Foundation Relationship Manager will work closely with the Director of Foundation Relations and Grants to significantly increase foundation and organization revenue to support the expansion of key programs and new initiatives.
· Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of approximately 50-100 current foundation/organization donors and new prospects on the CFO team
· Proactively coordinate activities and high-level communications to meet partner needs
· Coordinate internal teams to drive and inform prospecting and partnership design
· Write and/or collaborate on select presentations, proposals and reports
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with Food Depository program team members to ensure strong working relationships to foster a collaborative work environment
· Organize and participate in tours and site visits; prepare pre-meeting briefs for the team
· Assist with planning and budgeting activities for the CFO team and participate in planning with the development team
· Track portfolio management activities in Raisers Edge
· Participate in weekend and evening events as needed to advance the organization's philanthropic objectives
· Minimum 10 years of experience and demonstrated success in development with an emphasis on cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major foundation support
Knowledge & Skills
· Committed to organizational mission of providing food for hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community
· Working knowledge and understanding of poverty-related issues and a thoughtfulness to the impact of hunger on Cook County
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple relationships efficiently and effectively
· Excellent communication skills including writing
· Proficiency with MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Experience with database management, Raisers Edge a plus
· Proof of covid vaccination required for employment.
Full-time staff at the Food Depository enjoy a competitive benefits package along with some unique perks.
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
Employer paid life and disability insurance
Employee Assistance Program
403(b) retirement plan
Paid time off
The Greater Chicago Food Depository, Chicago’s food bank, believes a healthy community starts with food. We are at the center of a network of more than 700 partner organizations and programs – food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, mobile distributions and other partners – working to bring food, dignity and hope to our neighbors across Chicago and Cook County. The Food Depository addresses the root causes of hunger with job training, advocacy and other innovative solutions.