POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Chief Financial Officer
The primary purpose of this position is to support the accounting and administrative functions of Feeding Texas, including maintenance of the general ledger accounts.
• Reviewing and booking reimbursement requests received from member food banks associated with various government contracts
• Reviewing and approving invoices from produce and transportation suppliers
• Posting employee expense reports for out-of-pocket expenses
• Billing accounts receivable from government agencies and member food banks
• Conducting food bank monitoring reviews
• Running and distributing monthly report of credit card activity for staff
• Exporting expense reports, importing credit card expenses
• Allocating compensation and overhead expenses
• Posting releases of restricted net assets
• Assisting the Chief Financial Officer and other accountants with other administrative activities that may arise
All staff are expected to develop an anti-racist knowledge base and awareness of racial equity and racial justice strategies, participate in regular anti-racist trainings, and contribute to the development and integration of a racial justice framework at Feeding Texas.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills and Attributes
• Undergraduate degree in accounting
• At least two years’ experience working in an automated accounting environment
• Basic knowledge of government contracting rules and regulations (2 CFR 200, OMB, and UGMS), and ability to explain these rules to others
• Basic knowledge of accounting and business principles and practices
• Skilled in the use of automated accounting software, preferably NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
• Ability to meet deadlines with appropriate attention to detail and accuracy, while balancing multiple activities
• Highly skilled in oral and written communication
• Ability to communicate tactfully and professionally with Feeding Texas and food bank employees
• Ability to work cooperatively under pressure with a broad range of people
• Ability to take direction from supervisor and work independently as well as with a team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
Applicants should also be committed to social and racial justice, with a belief that improving outcomes for all Texans--regardless of their race, place, or class--requires intersectional solutions that correct injustices and promote equity.
The annual salary for this position is $68,000. Feeding Texas offers a competitive benefits package. We strive to provide non-cash benefits that encourage a work-life balance and promote the physical, mental, and financial health of our employees and their families.
Feeding Texas operates in a virtual work environment. We provide the necessary technology, equipment, and other supports to ensure a comfortable and conducive home working environment for employees. All staff must be residents of the State of Texas within 30 days of their start date.
Please upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire at *the link below*. The application will close at 11:59PM CST on September 25. We expect to have a candidate selected by October 15 with a preferred start date of early November.
Feeding Texas is the state association of food banks. The Feeding Texas network of food banks is the largest hunger-relief organization in Texas. Our mission is to lead a unified effort for a hunger-free Texas. Together with our member food banks, we strive to ensure adequate, nutritious food for all Texans, improve the health and financial stability of our communities, and engage all stakeholders in advocating for hunger solutions. You can learn more about us and our work at www.feedingtexas.org.
Feeding Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages people with lived experiences of hunger and members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.