The Senior Accountant position is responsible for ensuring the accounting functions for the organization consisting of an operating budget of $2.6 million cash and over $17 million in overall revenue (including in-kind). The Sr. Accountant, under the supervision of the CEO and Director of Operations, will manage the accounting department controls and functions to ensure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), including the development and implementation of strong internal controls.
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for the following duties (including but not limited to):
• Lead and assist with all aspects of the monthly and year-end close accounting procedures
• Analyze and review financial information and data for audit purposes and financial reporting to ensure accuracy
• Assist Agency and Programs Supervisor and Director of Operations with budgeting, monthly financial statement preparation, ad hoc reports and ensure strong internal controls support the various accounting processes
• Complete monthly financial close including bank and credit card reconciliations; maintain and expense prepaid and fixed asset schedules and review of all transactions and accounts as necessary
• Review and approve all grant reimbursements to ensure proper accounting and reporting of assigned grants including accurate allocations of expenditures based on Direct Allocation Method in accordance with OMB Uniform Guidance
• Lead and assist with the annual organization budgeting and all necessary ad-hoc reports, the annual single audit
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• A minimum three years of full-time, professional employment in accounting, auditing, budgeting or closely related financial activity, including a minimum of two-year lead/supervisory experience
• Minimum of three years of experience in non-profit accounting
• Intermediate to advanced general knowledge of computerized accounting, proprietary software used now Microsoft Ceres (not required), as well as Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to use good professional judgment to bring proposals to management for the purpose of anticipating future needs and responding to unanticipated events
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Proven ability to work harmoniously with staff members, plus work independently with little supervision
Full-time; exempt position. Monday – Friday with occasional weekends, nights and holidays. Primary work location: office environment.
Benefits, including medical. PTO accrual beginning immediately
Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, [email protected] for consideration. No phone calls please.
Having celebrated 40 years of serving our communities of Yuma and La Paz Counties, the Yuma Community Food Bank (YCFB) welcomes those that pass through our doors in need of food. A staff of 15 and several hundred volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering nutritional education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.yumafoodbank.org.