Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
The Seasonal Class C Driver is responsible for managing and collecting daily donations from grocery stores, wholesalers, farmers, and individual corporate donors that are participating in donation drives in a timely fashion. In addition, drivers work in assisting with maintaining cleanliness and organization of warehouses and vehicle fleet.
The Class C Driver will:
• Drive SFBFS vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up
• Use material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting and receiving
• Maintain relationships between SFBFS and partner agencies, grocery stores and all other personnel
• Compile weights for all items picked up on grocery routes and additional pickups and complete proper paperwork for inventory of items
• Sort, organize and restock items in designated area in warehouse and coolers
• Adhere to proper standards regarding product quality, dating and rotation on trucks and in warehouse
• Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs; fill out vehicle log sheets
• Assist with organization and cleanliness of warehouses and vehicle fleet
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class C driver's license
• One year of route driving experience in 24ft – 26ft refrigerated and dry cargo box truck with liftgate and one year of previous warehouse experience including: inventory/order picking, safe operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, other warehouse equipment, heavy lifting and other related warehouse tasks
• Proven track record of dependability with an impeccable safety and attendance record
• Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.)
• Professional demeanor, flexible, and able to respond to multiple demands
• Full time, hourly seasonal position (duration not to exceed 6 months); Tuesday-Saturday 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.; occasional Mondays and holidays as needed
• Position is based in North Sacramento in a warehouse, on the road and sitting
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fourteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.