The Retail Store Donation Coordinator is responsible for further building and sustaining retail grocery stores in support of the store donation program. This position educates store personnel on their program’s donation guidelines, attends store meetings and store training sessions, and monitors and reports donation progress to store managers, district managers and program coordinators on a monthly basis. The Retail Store Donation Coordinator also coordinates the donor recognition program, including annual visits, quarterly mailer, Store of the Quarter honors, social media accolades, call-ins, milestone achievements and program anniversaries.
• Identify target stores by retail account
• Create and routinely implement an onsite visitation plan
• Create a store donation toolkit for each retail chain, to be used when visiting stores
• Create and maintain a key contact database
• Build a strong understanding for each chain’s donation program
• Identify underperforming departments and alert managers
• Become familiar with and complete monthly pounds reporting
• Meet with Programs Department monthly to report delinquent agencies
• Work with drivers and warehouse staff to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines
• Work with receivers and department managers to ensure stores are ready for driver pickups and are following donation guidelines.
• Work with Marketing/Communications colleagues to recognize retailers where applicable (newsletter, website, direct mail, social media, etc.)
• Provide personal follow up or recognition for retailers.
• Solicits and prospects new grocery retail donors
• Provides weekly activity report on donor visits and store-level interactions
• Demonstrates a pleasant, professional and helpful attitude at all times
• 4-year degree and/or comparable experience in sales and marketing to retail customers
• Experience in the retail grocery industry preferred
• Experience in a nonprofit setting working with donors preferred
• Very strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a strong external customer focus
• Proven success in developing and maintaining professional relationships
• Capable of maintaining multiple accounts, including completing follow up correspondences on a consistent basis
• General knowledge of nonprofit organizational practices
• Able to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to work occasional early mornings, nights and weekends as needed
• Willingness to travel 60% of time
Treasure Coast Food Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; paid time off; and a schedule of paid holidays.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line.
Treasure Coast Food Bank is the only food bank and largest hunger relief organization on Florida’s Treasure Coast, providing the community each year with millions of meals valued at more than $50 million through robust programs and in partnership with 400 charitable organizations in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties. In addition to emergency food distribution, Treasure Coast Food Bank operates a full roster of direct service programs that not only solve the immediate problem of hunger, but help individuals and families gain long-term food security, better health outcomes, and self-sufficiency. Treasure Coast Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. For more information on Treasure Coast Food Bank, call 772.489.3034, log on to www.stophunger.org, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tcfoodbank, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tcfoodbank.